Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour

Thread: Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour

I currently have my two VSD-Es, one in dual DC, the other in parallel DC.

In dual DC mode, I am running two KL23-130-60, for X and Y axes, current limits set at 11A cont. 20A peak. I increased following error on both axes to 16383 (the max allowed) to see if following error was actually the issue. 16383 counts works out to 2 rotations of the motor shaft.

While trying to move the axes, even with small movements they consistently fault to "Recovering from follow error or from disabled state" and slowly drive to the position. However, on one axis I am able to crank the lead screw to essentially move the axis way out of position - The drive should fail, giving "following error" however, it doesn't, it actually thinks it's fine, with no error codes, and if I let go after winding it to the other end of its travel, it will rotate very quickly back to its original location - almost like pulling back on a spring and letting it go.

Previously I was concerned that the motors weren't powerful enough, however, given the immense speed it can drive the axis after letting go, I now no longer believe that is the problem.

So, my questions are:

• Why am I not getting following errors when moving the machine by hand, overpowering the servos.
    • Why is the drive entering recovering from following error while jogging the machine around when it is clearly powerful enough to drive the axis

If there is any other information that would assist you in helping me, let me know.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi MetalStorm , Im by far no expert , But ive been down that lonely river with only a 16 page manual to help paddle my way out ,..A lot more detail on what each function does would go a long way ,..I would look at your "follow error fault trip limit " start with something around 1000,..Ive uploaded some Pdfs that i found helpful ,...
    Best of luck

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour-cnc-bridgeport-retrofit-page-20-pdf   Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour-cnc-bridgeport-retrofit-page-19-pdf   Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour-cnc-bridgeport-retrofit-page-18-pdf   Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour-cnc-bridgeport-retrofit-page-21-pdf  

Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour-cnc-bridgeport-retrofit-page-22-pdf   Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour-cnc-bridgeport-retrofit-page-25-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour

Hi i have 3 VXE running and spent 6 Weeks configuring an unknown Servo from 1990 ... But i think we need more info. Did you configure the part of how to behave in an error case well ?
    Do you have an controlled power ? i used an Trafo and rectifier this did nit work well so we need to tackle that issue ,.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Very Strange VSD-E Behaviour

Drive is great. Documentation makes it a guessing game. Why is it so? Spoils a good product.
    Contamination of encoder, putting out spurious pulses can cause strange following problems, as it assumes the axis has reversed due to signal glitch(es)
    I successfully cleaned two optical encoder by removing cover and used compressed and a mist of isopropyl alcohol, while rotating the shaft.
    Cleaning whiskers from magnets with hall sensors can be done with adhesive tape.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!