vac hod downs --vac pucks

Thread: vac hod downs --vac pucks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default vac hod downs --vac pucks

second vac puck

testing 2 pucks with various materials

This vac system is not real expensive but we're not talking full vac table ,this is moveable and flexible

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vac hod downs --vac pucks-img_2506-jpg   vac hod downs --vac pucks-img_2508-jpg   vac hod downs --vac pucks-pucks1-jpg   vac hod downs --vac pucks-vac1-jpg  

vac hod downs --vac pucks-pucks2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

great idea, but you should isolate each puck with a check valve and run each one individually from a common manifold. in your setup if you lose vacuum on the first puck the second puck won't have any vacuum either. my way, if you lose vacuum on the first puck the second puck may still hold the material. or would at least hold the other part.

Downloads
    Uploads

its true and i may go that way too,but where can i get check valves that small
    i am just starting and where i am located parts are hard to get ,everything has to be shipped ---thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

woodman08

For check valves, you made the vacuum pods, the check valves are just as easy to make to the size you want for your system, you can even build them into the vacuum pod

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

i would be very interested to see a photo or diagram how the check valves are made
    i have seen a small button that when pressed down it lets the vac in
    As far as a header goes (feeding the pucks) I am not sure a small gast pump is enough
    to pull on a header

Downloads
    Uploads

woodman08

Here is what it would look like, you can do it with a ball & spring & some brass fittings, or make your own right into the Pod, you will need (2) for each Pod , one to hold the vacuum & one to push to release the vacuum, they don't have to be like this design, this is just a guide

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vac hod downs --vac pucks-chack-valves-jpg  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

for the check valves all you need is a small ball bearing, a spring and i would use an o ring since its an air system. also the small pump will be plenty to work from a manifold. it may just take a little longer to pull all the air out of the system to create a vacuum, but once your at suction then the manifold won't make any difference.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default back

thanks see what you mean ,guess its back to the drawing board(aspire) and will see what i can come up with
    Attached is a small valve i tried and it works fine,i have a bunch of old real old cabinet door closers its a button spring loaded brass that looks the same but no oring inside ,but it may hold brass on brass
    all this just keeps the mind ticking

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vac hod downs --vac pucks-podz-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: vac hod downs --vac pucks

I'm thinking about adding some vacuum clamps to my CNC. I have a couple of questions for you folks that have already done this. Do you run the vacuum hose directly off the pump or do you use some sort of tank setup like I've seen in veneer applications? I'd prefer to keep the pump side as simple as possible. Do you use a filter? Where do you get your hoses, filter and what kind, etc? Got any pics of your pump setups?

Downloads
    Uploads

I run right from the pump, you need more equipment to have it run on a tank. The person I bought my pump from suggested this method
    Filter is built into the pump suction . Hoses are hard to get ,I like a flexible hose one that will lay on the deck ,photo are included with my videos
    woodman08

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I can run it straight from the pump. Great.
    Do you think common automotive vacuum hose would work? That stuff is flexible, cheap and easy to get from places like NAPA, or Pep Boys.

Downloads
    Uploads

even tygon 3/8 tubing works ,anything that will not collapse with vac
    I used almost like a surgical tubing ,excellent as it lays flat on the deck,came with my pump
    Did see some yellow tubing at NAPA but it was costly

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could you let me know what oring material you used and what the channel cut depth was?

I developed something similar and tried closed cell backer rod 1/4" and 1/4" rubber oring. Issue I had on solid boards was if they had a small cup to them I could not get enough seal to hold vac. I know I could plane or otherwise surface the board to flat but that was the first cut I was going to do on the CNC. Suggestions would be appreciated. BTW.. I used a 4" pvc pipe as a resivoir manifold. Vac is drawn with a venturi setup via a mac valve.

Inspiring Thought for the Day:

Some people are like slinkies ... Not really good for anything....but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Downloads
    Uploads

I used 5/16 dia oring and the channel was a good fit width wise but about 1/4 deep so the oring sits up
    On the white vac pucks I used lee valley orings, sort of a kit you get 4 orings for a price