Need Help! Intermac Jet ct Stone CNC problems

Thread: Intermac Jet ct Stone CNC problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Intermac Jet ct Stone CNC problems

Hi guys,

I'm working with a 2002 Intermac Jet ct at a stone company, and lately we've been having a few problems with our machine.

At first we had spindle issues, where the spindle wasn't picking up tools due to ''WAITING FOR THE COLLET TO OPEN'', and not starting jobs because of ''ERROR 19: TOOL RELEASED IN ROTATION'', we fixed the first problem by reseating the spindle clamp sensors on the head, however the tool still releases in rotation before jobs.

This has me stuffed, because as far as I can tell, the spindle is operating perfectly. There is another single sensor next to the pair of spindle clamp sensors which I suspect may be causing the issue, so I'll have a fiddle and see if that can be brought into service.

Before that though, we're having problems even starting the machine. When you turn it on, it runs through its diagnostic and bios and whatnot, and gets to the point where it says ''PRESS CONTROL ON'', which after being pressed just says ''PLEASE WAIT'' more or less indefinitely. The longest I've left it like that to see if it eventually does come good has been a couple of hours with no progress. We've had this problem in the past and solved it by blowing the NC tower out with compressed air, which I've done vigorously and repeatedly with no real results, sometimes it'll turn on normally, most times it wont. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution for it?

And the latest thing we're having problems with, and it's only started this yesterday, the NC seems to cut all power to the machine, the door drops, pumps turn off, everything stops and the NC becomes unresponsive to input. There's no warning or error code either.

Any help would be ideal. We have a CNC control systems expert coming out next Tuesday, but until then all I can really do is get on the wetfloor to measure cut outs and polish gables and sweep.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Intermac Jet ct Stone CNC problems

I have absolutely no idea, never having even seen one of these.
    However, the problems with the tool changer might be due to a build-up of stone dust inside the gubbins. Perhaps stripping the whole system down a bit and giving it a really good clean and polish, and adjustment too, might help a bit. Check the functioning of the sensors while you are at it. CNC machines NEED maintenance to hold their accuracy and even function.

The long wait after pressing the On button simply means it is waiting for another sensor to reply. But the sensor is not replying.

Cutting all power - could be a different problem. Sounds like a power fail shutdown. Check all power supplies after shutdown.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the quick reply Roger!

I think I've got the tool rotation issue sorted. I can see rim around the spindle inside the hole where that extra sensor goes, and the sensor lights up when put next to that rim. In its positioning block it was sitting a little too low, so I packed it up with washers to sit level with the rim so as to make contact easier. I haven't tested it yet since the machine hasn't started at all today.

My foreman gave me an ancient wiring diagram in Italian so I might try and locate the startup circuit and test the components. I'm no expert by a long shot, but its worth a try.

I'll also have a look at the PSU and see if there's any issues with it.

I'm anticipating a relay box or control component full of granite dust somewhere to be the culprit, but the machine is 15 years old, so there's every chance something is fried.

Downloads
    Uploads

so I packed it up with washers
    Yeah, OK, but why did it change? Has the sensor aged a bit? Or has something else moved? Does moving the sensor alter any calibration? Paranoia.

full of granite dust somewhere
    Likely!

Where are you in Oz? Sydney?

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also dont like the idea of adjusting the height. There is no way a static aluminium block has changed height by being bolted to a spindle. However, the electromagnetic sensor is built into a bolt that bisects the ally block and reads the protruding rim i was talking about on the spindle. This sensor has a reading tip set eccentrically from the end of the bolt, so rotating the bolt rotates the sensor up and down. even at its highest extension, it was only marginally getting a read, whereas it reads fully now. As mentioned I still haven't tested it yet, so i might be wrong, or the spindle might lower slightly in operation, or who knows.

I dont know where or what could be full of dust though, Ive blown out that computer closet very thoroughly with the compressor, so at this stage i might have blown something out of its socket, or anything, really. It's still not working, inexplicably. I just hope that control systems expert we've called in gets a free slot sooner than next tuesday, because I'm basically wasting time fiddling with stuff I really know nothing about.

We're based on the Gold Coast in QLD

Downloads
    Uploads

You will just have to delay a few funerals...
    Sensor rotation - so it is meant to be adjustable. OK.
    Gold Coast - sorry. NSW.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

bit of a hike haha.

and yeah the sensor adjustability suggests it may have just somehow vibrated into a different position, but i find that highly unlikely given the clamping pressure of the ally block, and i couldnt get a consistent reading in the factory set up. I'll believe I've fixed it when i can see it working, and i cant see that until this NC closet decides it wants to start working again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE for you lurkers:

If you're having this issue, we switched all the circuit breakers on and off, and the "PLEASE WAIT" issue seems solved! The machine started right up, and shortly discovered my washers solution to the sensor issue was predictably wrong.

I removed the washers and adjusted the sensor as high as it will go, and now we are fully functional!

My list of problems so far is completely solved. Will report on performance after I run a test piece.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Had the pump shut down again, potential suspect is a long-time dodgy pump switch. when i get some free time i'll be swapping it out.

ran some jobs and she's going perfectly!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any updates to the pump shutting down? We have been getting a similar issue where the machine shuts down during middle of grinding cycle. Does this several times per shift.