Need Help! Issues with CMS Brembana

Thread: Issues with CMS Brembana

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Issues with CMS Brembana

Hello, we are just getting started back up after our holiday, and we are having a strange problem with our machine that is stopping us from producing anything. Just reaching out to see if anyone has any ideas... I will try to explain as best I can.

The machine is shutting itself off as soon as you try to make it move and is not giving any sort of error codes that might point us in the right direction as to why. It's as if someone hits the emergency stop button as soon as you push go.

If a program is loaded up and ready to go, the machine will shut down as soon as you push cycle start.
    If you try to jog the spindle manually using the computer / control panel it will also shut itself down immediately.
    If you try to jog the spindle manually using the external pendant, it works fine.
    If you move it to a starting location using the pendant and use the automatic zeroing function, it will zero itself just fine. If you then try to start a program or move it manually using the computer / control panel, it will shut down almost every time. There has been a few instances where we were able to get it to start a program or jog manually but it doesn't take long for it to shut itself down. So it is intermittent.
    Auxilliary functions of the PC control panel such as opening/closing water valves, opening tool protection etc. seem to work fine.

The fact that it works when controlling the servos directly with the pendant is making me think it might be some sort of communication problem with the PC? Some sort of failsafe? What could possibly be going on here?

Last Friday we did some maintenance to the machine, but nothing too intrusive. We pulled the bellows back and cleaned some of the excess grease out of it, re-routed some grease lines, cleaned out the vaccuum and water filters, and put a new connector on the vaccum pressure switch. We thought initially that we may have messed up some wiring in that switch connector but we since taken it apart and it has no effect. Then we opened up the bellows again and checked all wires and connections to see if we had accidentally loosened/pinched any wires but everything seems OK.

We had a strange C Axis error which occurred around the time we were wiggling connectors and checking things, so we took a few minutes and put a different C axis motor in to see if that might have been our issue all along but no success. We also checked the water valves because there was apparently a similar issue in the past that turned out to be related to the water valves not opening and closing properly but I've checked them and they seem to be functioning fine.

We're not too sure what to do next at this point, and CMS Support is rather slow to reply so I just thought I'd put it out there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issues with CMS Brembana

Quote Originally Posted by BeefQueef View Post
    Hello, we are just getting started back up after our holiday, and we are having a strange problem with our machine that is stopping us from producing anything. Just reaching out to see if anyone has any ideas... I will try to explain as best I can.

The machine is shutting itself off as soon as you try to make it move and is not giving any sort of error codes that might point us in the right direction as to why. It's as if someone hits the emergency stop button as soon as you push go.

If a program is loaded up and ready to go, the machine will shut down as soon as you push cycle start.
    If you try to jog the spindle manually using the computer / control panel it will also shut itself down immediately.
    If you try to jog the spindle manually using the external pendant, it works fine.
    If you move it to a starting location using the pendant and use the automatic zeroing function, it will zero itself just fine. If you then try to start a program or move it manually using the computer / control panel, it will shut down almost every time. There has been a few instances where we were able to get it to start a program or jog manually but it doesn't take long for it to shut itself down. So it is intermittent.
    Auxilliary functions of the PC control panel such as opening/closing water valves, opening tool protection etc. seem to work fine.

The fact that it works when controlling the servos directly with the pendant is making me think it might be some sort of communication problem with the PC? Some sort of failsafe? What could possibly be going on here?

Last Friday we did some maintenance to the machine, but nothing too intrusive. We pulled the bellows back and cleaned some of the excess grease out of it, re-routed some grease lines, cleaned out the vaccuum and water filters, and put a new connector on the vaccum pressure switch. We thought initially that we may have messed up some wiring in that switch connector but we since taken it apart and it has no effect. Then we opened up the bellows again and checked all wires and connections to see if we had accidentally loosened/pinched any wires but everything seems OK.

We had a strange C Axis error which occurred around the time we were wiggling connectors and checking things, so we took a few minutes and put a different C axis motor in to see if that might have been our issue all along but no success. We also checked the water valves because there was apparently a similar issue in the past that turned out to be related to the water valves not opening and closing properly but I've checked them and they seem to be functioning fine.

We're not too sure what to do next at this point, and CMS Support is rather slow to reply so I just thought I'd put it out there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey did you ever figure what the problem was? We have a cms brembana maxima that is doing the same thing. it'll wok fine and then all of a sudden the link will fail. it your routing a piece when it happens the gantry will come down on whatever your working on and mess it up. After the link fails we just restart it and then its fine. Hope to hear back from you , thanks.
    -Geoff