Problem Flame polishing Cast Acrylic issues

Thread: Flame polishing Cast Acrylic issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Flame polishing Cast Acrylic issues

Hi everyone,

I've began some production on some acrylic parts, and some parts require polished edges. I have been flame polishing the edges, and they have been coming out well. I am using a flame polishing machine, but just recently the edges are not coming out as polished as before. They are still frosty. I ran a few more passes on them, and they do not change. Could this be a temperature issue? I have added more fluid to the machine, and the pressure is normal, just not the outcome. Anyone have any experience or advice on this issue? Thank you.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flame polishing Cast Acrylic issues-flame-polishing-machine-guns-accessories-f202-plexiglass  
    Currently based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
    Current setup: Sign Key - N1325 CNC Router and Sign Key - 1325WDC CNC Router

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Flame polishing Cast Acrylic issues

It could be the heat or is this a different acrylic than the one you have used before might be the problem .I like the Idea of these machines they seem to work well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by InMesh View Post
    It could be the heat or is this a different acrylic than the one you have used before might be the problem .I like the Idea of these machines they seem to work well.
    I am using the same acrylic, so I am guessing this is a heat issue. The machine was working well in the beginning, and just failed after about 12 hours of use. Not sure how reliable these are, but will report back if I find the problem. Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's probably the acrylic. Happens on some material even with regular gas cylinders and more machine in the mix. Try sanding the edge in the stuff that worked and see if it still looks good there (repolishing is worse with bad material so sand and try again is better).

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, I found a good website that explains how to use and maintain the flame polishing machines, in case anyone needed it as well. Thanks for all of your responses.
    http://www.mansun.com.cn/english/productservice.htm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

New problem! Anyone using this machine ever experience water squirting out of the torch? I am using both torches at the same time, and one torch works fine while the other one squirts out liquid. Anyone know the cause of this issue? This happened after I refilled the fuel tank with water up to the High line.