Need Help! Intermac Master Bevel 2300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermac Master Bevel 2300

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Intermac Master Bevel 2300

Hi all. The previous machine user has left and I need to get the machine back into production so any assistance would be necessary. I have problems to start work making Masrer Bevel 2300 CNC machine. This machine has been in use for several years, and manuals have been lost over the ages, and I've found (CNC OSAI serie10) instruction book from the Internet. But I missing CAD / CAM instruction book.

Tecnical information:
    Mashine: Intercad Master Bevel 2300
    control panel: 1st generation: machine equipped with CNC OSAI 8601 and CRT monitor
    PC program: Intermac Master Bevel revision 3.44 (Works at MSdos)

Problem Points:

• How to transfer program from PC to CNC. I can successfully transfer program between MP1 / MP2 / A:. My PC and the CNC is connected by a cable which goes to CNC machine port: EAI RS-232, and I would like to transfer to succeed in this way.

• How to NC program verification / editing machining center (like zero-point change)

• Problem in MDI Tool exchange, the message "PIN NOT INSERTED” pending tool for the exchange (the machine stops at process)

• Situation at suction cups mount blows but doesn't suck (there is switch at both workstations to activate but does not affect)

• Measuring tool library T number does not work (only accepts 1 to be inserted)

• If someone knows how in 3.44 cad/cam program how move point in cad drawing or how to find instructions to this old program.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Pump problem solved

activation ventil at pump was blocked.
    Resolved the problem by spraying water through the input pip and I got water to pump.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default More broblem

I get brogram in NC
    MSG-LOG
    "SYS"
    "complete cycle"
    "sinngle station"
    name HARJ1
    Pices 1
    Thickness 6
    Positioning "N"
    REDY FOR EXECUTION ???

should read "PRES START"

pressin start putton and i get error FILMS4 52

(CONSOLE DISACTIVATED buttons and selectors have been temperatly disactivated by the machine logic.)

and it means?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,

did you get your problems sorted? If not give me your email and I will be able to help.

Also have instruction manuals for cad-cam which I can send.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up No broblems

I got help from Jan and most of my problems are resolved

Only program transfer from PC to CNC still unsolved, but I think it is something wrong in windows settings.

Solved problems:
    I got this German manual to CAD/CAM bevel 3.44 and find the mysterious F5 key to put X and Y value so I can choose the seropoint and do not need to install every time stops.

B-axes was skewed so I clocked it direct and set values to F25 and F19 so that pin can be inserted...

I do not remember actually T number problen... No problem there...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Spindel failure

spindle spinning speed goes over 10'000 r/min I get message no tool in spindel and machine turns power off. This same problem appears shometimes lower spining speed. ("Control on" starts mashine and it is redy when axes is reseted)

It is not good that galss loses suction and tool stops in it and I can't use small tools that requires more than 10'000r/min.

I think there is shome sensor failure or tool clamp is worn.

Anyone knows what can be done if spindle clamp is worn or if the sensor replaceable?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Above the electrospindle, there is a magnetic sensor which sensors that the tool is still attached.
    If I remember right, there is three sensors (and three narrow electric wires for them) and one is for tool sensoring.
    The other two are for spindle tool locking position.
    Only the tool sensor need to be re-positioned. It is because the old toolholders are worned out too much and go too deep.
    Btw, where in Finland is this machine located?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I changed the clamp to new (was wery rusty and balls was not round anymore) and adjust sensor and now everything is good and I can use 15'000r/min without any problem...

Machine is located in Raisio.

Almost 2 year now worked with it so there is still some watch dog problem but I think it is temperature issue in control box. Even intermac answered that voltage output at SITOP is wrong but it is correct and still sending programs with disc... But... I am able make a living with this machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How you use F5 to not setup stop all the time? I try to figureout but I cannt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I put after SYS command there is option to choose if wants to set stops...
    OEM
    MSG-LOG
    "SYS"
    Complete cycle (1) "1"
    NAME "program"
    PCS FOR EACH STATION "1"
    THIKNES "class thiknes"
    POSITIONING Y/N "load stops or not"

And if chosen N: it uses F25 "01" seropoint which I have put to be at Y-1950 X250 (A,B,Z same value as "99") so I use that seropoint all the time... And if choose a Y: F25 X and Y need to be 0 at F25 "01" (there is option for use more than one seropoint but I don't use it so I never has tried how it works.)

Last edited by MyMind; 07-29-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh... More to it...
    At CAD you need to move part to seropoint...

ELB
    MOVE (no copy)
    ALL (gray one)
    Pres ENTER
    END (blue one)
    Select close to corner where you need to set sero point
    Pres F5
    pres 0 enter 0 entre F1
    SAVE and EXIT

Make brogram at CAM as usually...

Last edited by MyMind; 07-29-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, I try from CAD it work great.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who can tell me how to get to work CAD/GAM program Master Bevel revision 3.44 in newer than Windows 89?

My old computer crashes all the time

It is a white block "key" at printer port and later versions of Windows can not find it for some reason and the program crashes

I have tried with DosBox program, but the same problem can not find the "FCCID:IVZSPRO1188" block from printer port.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Intermac Master Bevel 2300

Hi there,

I hope somebody is still working on this machine somewhere...I have managed to start it after a long time (10 years) I had a lot of problems but was able to fix all the watchdogs, films etc.

Now my problem is to start the work on it. I already set up some tools for glass, made some programs, tried it and it works. Not perfectly but at least everything passed without problem. So now to the problems.

First of all I need to set up the stops somehow. To have a corner somewhere on the machine but I dont know how to do it. Till now I used the probe and F23 to measure the position and then I transferred to the cad the points. Does anybody know how to set it put so I have the stops on the machine and the zeropoint in the CAD software at the same place so when I make a drawing in it, it will be exactly in the place where I do have the glass actually. I read it somewhere here but I am a little bit confused of it. Also the one problem I have that the stops dont look like the suction cups (I mean the bottom side of them). On the cups the air is sucked away from the bottom which keeps the cup on the table. But the stops dont have nothing on the bottom side. How should I fix them on the working table (drill them on them table?).

Second problem is about the tools. The first tool I´ve set up was for a 12MM glass a diamond wheel. I found the parametres in the manual, put them in but when I tried to work the glass the diamond went maybe 1 CM lower than the glass actually was. So I figured out that the suction cup can be wrong so with F23 I have measured it and the value was different so I changed and it was okay. But then I have set up 6MM diamond wheel and the wheel went a few MM higher now. And later on a 5MM glass it was even higher and it ate the glass from top. Anybody knows why was the height different? I have used the same suction cups and approximately the same size of glass (50CM circle). Can somebody tell me where to adjust the height of the tool or what is causing this problem? Also if somebody knows about the radius of the tool something I would be thankful because I dont really understand that parameter of the tool.

And the last one is about cad software. When I transfer the points. How should connect them to get the shape? On a circle I used "circle with more points" and when clicked on the 4 points it made me the circle. But I have tried ellipse and it looked terrible (I used spline or something like that to connect the points). Also when I go to cam part and I prepare all the cycles and stuff everything looks okay. I transfer the file to NC end when I start the program the wheel is maybe 1cm away from the glass, eventhough I measured it with the probe. Whats the problem?

Thanks for any help I can get. Hope somebody knows

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suction have o-ring on bottom side...
    Stops needs to be secured at the table in the grooves using bolts and swivel counter pieces..

Tool library at CNC
    OEM -> MSG-LOG -> F24
    H position
    L length (diamond wheel messure to midle of tool and multiplying by 2) (drils or milling cutter length)
    R radius
    V1 polishing wear (polishing weel 10-40) (Bevel 1-5)
    V2 area of ​​the blade used (moving up and down as it machining
    V3 Adjustin tool - tool goes down + tool goes up
    V4 Not used
    V5 Not used

I dont use BEVEL 300 to drawing only to set seropoint... (ELB->MOWE->ALL(gray)->Entter->END->klick on draving->F5->x0y0->F1->F2)
    At CNC
    OEM -> MSG-LOG ->F25 set sero point where is my glass is att table (I use X300 Y-1950 usually so i don't need to move stops all the time)

But it is possible to set stops and suction cups and use F23 on every work.

Tools to close glass at start might be approach move is too small for the tool library cad-cam program.

There is many options on F19 to adjust suction cup hight and tool holders etc. (you may edit them from CNC "EDITOR" page (SEL.DEV->/MP0->Entter)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MyMind View Post
    Who can tell me how to get to work CAD/GAM program Master Bevel revision 3.44 in newer than Windows 89?
    Dos box works but must be adjusted... at least in Win XP... Now there is more than enough computers now when the support ended... And few years extra time to CNC "machine."

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks MyMind, I will check it.

So if I have the position, lenght and radius set up in F24 with V3 I adjust the height if there is a difference. Lets say I put V3 - 2. That will mean that the diamond will be 2MM higher than the original what i have set up. Right?
    And for the CAD soft. You mean that I dont need to do the drawing there but I can do it in an another program and I just open the dxf, dwg etc in cad later just for the zero positioning? Did not try yet.
    Anyway thank you very much for your help. I hope you will stay around for a while so I can set up the things properly because it looks your are the only one around who has some knowledge

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sending Drawing to Bevel300 CAD/CAM:
    You can copy from floppy dxf OR save directly in folder and need to "rebuild" in "FILE MANAGER"
    F25
    99. mashine seropoint
    1. you may set new seropiont

F24
    V1... Depends on how much polishing wheel wear
    V2... 20-> (glas 10mm) z-axis goes -5 to +5 "uses 20mm of tool"
    V3... -2-> tool moves 2mm down before it starts machining...

F19 (may be edited in editor "/mp0" directory)
    All parameters can be adjusted but needs list so you know what to change.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

After movement of the X-axis in the minus direction machine remains in
    the "run" mode, the machine stops and watsh dog error appears.
    Movement plus direction machine goes after movement into "idle" mode ,
    and the error does not appears.

Do any have some information about what could be the problem?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well it seems there is some problem with x axis. Maybe you need to change some numbers in /MP0 - AXCFIL

IMPORTANT!!! SAVE YOUR MACHINE DATA BEFORE CHANGING ANYTHING

Open in editor the AXCFIL go down to NAS=X. You will have some line starting with RAP and POS. There are some numbers behind them. On RAP write "RAP=10000,800" and on POS write "POS=0.10,2
    Try this. It removed me the watchdog error. Eventually I can send you the intermac original files if your interested.

PS: Did you ever grinded the table surface to make it straight? I have to make it on my machine but I am running in some problems.

Hope I helped
    Best regards
    Mule13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast