Eccentric turn on with GIBBS V12

Thread: Eccentric turn on with GIBBS V12

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Eccentric turn on with GIBBS V12

My boss saw it on You-Tube once.

I am wondering if anyone has had any luck doing an Eccentric turn with GIBBS. I am on V12 and have 5-Axis module available to me from our milling dept. If you search YOU TUBE for Eccentric Turning, you will see what I am talking about. Basically, I am trying to do an offset turn without an offset fixture. Directly from GIBBS I am told that "No it is not supported and can't be done." From a reseller with a "Turning GURU", I am told yes it can, but you have to lie to it. You have to program a 5-Axis mill path with a ballmill on Y 0.0 and then edit the code to not turn on the live tool to make it work. So the spindle will move and the X and Z Axis will move, but the cutting tool stays at Y0. and just goes up and down in X and toward the chuck in Z. After that advice, I have heard nothing in reply to my next request, "Please show me how to do this." This was 1 year ago.

My boss has since forgotten and now suddenly remembered about this. Now I need help if anyone can give it. I understand the concept. I have no idea how to pull it off. I have 3D experience with MasterCAM, but no 5-Axis experience with anything. 5-Axis hasn't come up much on the turning machines.