Back Boring Cycle

Thread: Back Boring Cycle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Back Boring Cycle

Has anybody had any luck getting a back boring cycle to work right? Offset in from the hole edge, drop into the hole, move out to hole edge, cut UP, offset out from hole edge, pull out. I keep getting the following error message:

"Post processor does not support this drilling cycle"

I've tried posting against a bunch of different style posts, including advanced mill posts. I went down this road once before a few years ago and have a vague recollection that the back boring cycle just isn't supported or something.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Back Boring Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by eliot15 View Post
    Has anybody had any luck getting a back boring cycle to work right? Offset in from the hole edge, drop into the hole, move out to hole edge, cut UP, offset out from hole edge, pull out. I keep getting the following error message:

"Post processor does not support this drilling cycle"

I've tried posting against a bunch of different style posts, including advanced mill posts. I went down this road once before a few years ago and have a vague recollection that the back boring cycle just isn't supported or something.

Any thoughts appreciated.

my machine have a canned cycle that works for it. If you do not and want it to post the line by line code for it then your post will have to be updated for it. my post will do it either way.