Recently obsolete Gibbs versions, is there a secondary market?

Thread: Recently obsolete Gibbs versions, is there a secondary market?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recently obsolete Gibbs versions, is there a secondary market?

I've been using Gibbs since the end of 2010 between school and the last five years with my work. I'd love to have a legitimate copy for a home workstation as I want to work into a cottage-industry shop situation for very specific product I have in mind. What happens to these older versions like 2009, 2010, 2011 once they are upgraded? Can the purchaser rightfully re-sell the copy and can a re-purchaser register said copy if he has the install discs, key, and the dongle? If so, what is fair-market value for an older version like this?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Recently obsolete Gibbs versions, is there a secondary market?

I see that one E-Bay seller has one seat of the 2008 version with Solid Surfacing unlocked for 6k. Is this fair market value?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garagepunkfan View Post
    I see that one E-Bay seller has one seat of the 2008 version with Solid Surfacing unlocked for 6k. Is this fair market value?
    That would not be a legal copy, and it can not be sold legally, it does not matter how old or new it is, if is not attached to the Dongle, it's value is Zero, without a Dongle, then you would have to have permission from Gibbs to sell a copy, which the buyer would then have to register with Gibbs Cam

I have every updated copy of Gibbs for the last 15 years, but these copies are no good to anyone, with out the dongle to run them, I know that there are hacked copies, but that is stealing, If you have a legal copy tell Gibbs what you want to do and I'm sure you could get another seat at a reduced cost

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garagepunkfan View Post
    I've been using Gibbs since the end of 2010 between school and the last five years with my work. I'd love to have a legitimate copy for a home workstation as I want to work into a cottage-industry shop situation for very specific product I have in mind. What happens to these older versions like 2009, 2010, 2011 once they are upgraded? Can the purchaser rightfully re-sell the copy and can a re-purchaser register said copy if he has the install discs, key, and the dongle? If so, what is fair-market value for an older version like this?
    The simple answer is No they can not sell them

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mactec54, thanks for your responses. It would be nice if Gibbs had "garage sales" to sell at discount any remaining inventories of the seats in older software formats, IE; fewer/less-developed features = less money. Premium seat = latest and greatest version