Advanced 3D Machining & Surfacing / G-code Reduction

Thread: Advanced 3D Machining & Surfacing / G-code Reduction

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Advanced 3D Machining & Surfacing / G-code Reduction

I was helping a buddy of mine with Gibbscam the other day which intrigued me to start comparing software. Was comparing Advanced surfacing and noticed my code tends to come out a lot cleaner with Bobcadcam than it does with Gibbscam. I get G2's & G3's with Bobcadcam and with Gibbscam there tends to be more small Point to Point Movement on Surfacing which makes the G-code much longer 4 to 5 times longer. Is this a Post issue or is there a setting I am not aware of in Gibbscam than can be set?? If so Please share. I tried using Point Reduction ( Fit Arcs ). This Option in Bobcad tends to makes the code smoother giving me the G2's & G3's. Maybe a bug? V10.7.10 ?? I don't know tried a few different options but no luck. Almost forgot to mention I used the same Solid model on Both Software's so the Solid Model shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Attached aremyGibbscam settings.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advanced 3D Machining & Surfacing / G-code Reduction-gibbscam-surfacing-5-jpg   Advanced 3D Machining & Surfacing / G-code Reduction-gibbscam-surfacing-4-jpg   Advanced 3D Machining & Surfacing / G-code Reduction-gibbscam-surfacing-1-jpg   Advanced 3D Machining & Surfacing / G-code Reduction-bobcad-fit-arcs-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advanced 3D Machining & Surfacing / G-code Reduction

ya i have a feeling its combonation of things really..how smoth the solid is and what strategy using..and splines used? there are alot of setting that can make gibbscam behave nice..however not sure about your situation..
    send me email with solid and let me see if i can sort somethng out..