Need Help! Indexing spindle head??

Thread: Indexing spindle head??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Indexing spindle head??

Hey all. So I am currently working on Syntatic Foam and the part I am doing calls for a square cut out in the middle with square corners, no radius. The tool I made to achieve this is a piece of round bar stock with a square insert offset from the center. Of course when I was done making the tool and put it in the machine I realized that this tool can only cut one corner as it sits. So my question is, and im not positive if this is the right place to ask this question but, can I program this tool with 0 rpm, and to plunge in one corner then index 90 degrees either clockwise or counterclockwise so my tool can get down in the other 3 corners? If this is an impossibility then I may have to go make a new tool that holes the insert in the middle with the stock of the bar small enout so it doesn't rub the part. Any help/ suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks

EDIT: I don't know if there are any G or M codes I can manually put in to achieve what im after.. I am using a CNC Yama Seiki with Fanuc series 18i-MB control. If that helps..