what is the best advanced surface tool path you can do on this Gibbs example part?

Thread: what is the best advanced surface tool path you can do on this Gibbs example part?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default what is the best advanced surface tool path you can do on this Gibbs example part?

This is a part that gibbs uses for examples. I comparing what a friend with mastercam can to with what I get and so far his is better. We are only interested in the finish path with .187 ball nose with something like .001 ridge height so the tool path is visible. I am trying to keep the tool on the surface with out lift off, start at the top and morph down to the center. I've tried constant step over, contour, and steep shallow and cant beat him. His tool path is based on a waterline so I think Steep shallow is similar but I have never used it so maybe I am missing something. I tried the multi axis package for 30 days as I was told it would expand my surface capability but I could not conquer it. What can you guys do with this?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: what is the best advanced surface tool path you can do on this Gibbs example part

check this

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: what is the best advanced surface tool path you can do on this Gibbs example part

That would get by and could touch up some individual surfaces but still no where as good as he gets with mastercam. He gets no lift off and morph's the toolpath from the top while climb cutting down to the bottom while controlling the ridge height with variable Z depths. Sound to me like the Advanced surface tab using "Shallow Steep" should do that? Here is my constant step over attempt. But has lift off and does not seem to control the ridge height nearly as well as his