Newbie Anyone have posts for Haas VF-3?

Thread: Anyone have posts for Haas VF-3?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone have posts for Haas VF-3?

This is my first post here, any help would be much appreciated. I'm programming a Haas VF-3 with 2013 Gibbs. The couple of post processors that I have seem kind of lame. No subroutines, turns coolant off after every operation but doesn't turn it back on without a tool change... bla bla bla...stuff I have to fix every time I go to the machine. I don't feel comfortable editing the post processor myself though. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am assuming you still need help with this as there are no responses.
    First, I would contact your local distributor and see if they can do the mods for you.
    Either way, they should be able to provide you with a post that outputs subroutines to eliminate that issue.

To edit the post, you would need both the .pst file and the .txt file plus Compost to compile your mods.
    Again, your distributor should be able to handle this.

If they cannot, I can do the mods for a nominal fee, but I need the info listed above.
    If you do not have the post and the text file, I would have to sell buy from Gibbs and modify from there.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here are two post processors I use. The Haas 4 axis I use for everything and I use the Fanuc 5 axis for parts with multiple work offsets (g54,g55,etc.). I'm pretty sure all post turn coolant off at end of every operation then back on for next operation. I don't know why you would prefer to leave the coolant running during tool change?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot to attach

Attached Files Attached Files