Using PostHaste-Work Offset issue

Thread: Using PostHaste-Work Offset issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using PostHaste-Work Offset issue

I'm using Posthaste (for the first time today) and when the process dialog comes up, it asks me to enter "the" work offset. Since the program is using more than one offset, this isn't working. If i enter "G54", needless to say, the NC file will contain only G54, and not G55, G56, etc. The template file I'm using is Fanuc 11M Generic.pM3. Do I need a higher level of Posthaste, or am I using the wrong template? Thanks for any help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have never had good luck trying to get Post Haste to do anything. I assume you're using the basic version included with Gibbs... as far as I know, it will not support more than one work offset out of the box. Does it post out the program using the same work offset coordinates for every operation as well?

I had a similar problem with Post Haste... the free version does not support rotary motion, and I needed a post. Luckily, Txcncman is a saint and posted this:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/gibbsc..._needed-2.html

It probably won't work for your control without some editing, but it's far superior to messing with Post Haste, in my opinion.

Are you planning to use this machine for more jobs in the future? The cost of a post from Gibbs is not extravagant, and they will work with you to customize it exactly as you want to see it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ryan,

Thanks for the link to Txcncman's posting. I actually found that and many other of his helpful postings yesterday. I'm merely trying to get the posted output to go to sub-routines for tool changes, program stops and program ends, etc.- as that's the system implemented by the shop foreman here- but Posthaste thwarted that simple task. I dug into the Posthaste documentation and actually thought I was onto the solution with the workplanes, but none of the changes worked. I think that was perhaps by design since it is either the free or lower-level version, apparently. It still asks for the work offset before processing the code, and that's a dead giveaway right there that it isn't going to work. If you enter G54, that's all you'll get. I've given up on Posthaste as we're moving to Esprit soon, and Esprit's post processors seem to be more user-editable.

Yes, Gibbs has built some excellent post processors, including "advanced" multiaxis, but I'm a little frustrated that I can't make simple changes to a 3-axis post processor. I like Gibbscam, and this is not meant to be an indictment of their software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For what it's worth... I don't believe Post Haste is a Gibbs product, simply a 3rd-party addon they include in their package.

Good luck with Esprit! I've not used that software, but the posts seem to be fairly open to anyone who's willing to tinker with it. An interesting concept, if you have the time to figure it out.

Downloads
    Uploads

The basic version of Posthaste does not support working with CS. You need to upgrade to do anything beyond 3 axis.

The basic version does support multiple work offsets, but you need to create/modify a template to do so. The Posthaste documentation covers how to do it and it's pretty simple.

That said, save your money and don't purchase Posthaste upgrades. I do not recommend doing business with Ground Support (Posthaste) at all. I purchased two upgrades, starting back in '06, and have never been able to get the bugs fixed. Their support is garbage, with slow or no response to e-mails, and when you call you get the same excuse, "I'm working on it with the engineers at Gibbs", or "you'll have the fix by Friday afternoon". My upgrades don't even work with the current version (V10.1.13.0) of Gibbs. Basically I'm out the $1,400 or whatever I paid for this mess.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Using PostHaste-Work Offset issue

Someone would have to GibbsCAM post that supports rotary motion. For FANUC or Siemens...

alexandrebox5@gmail.com