Making a 4 X 4 plasma table.
20mm round precision rail supported.
4 X 425ox in Nema 23 stepper motors. 2 for X axis,
48 V 10amp Switching power supply
gecko g540 drive
Running belts, and 15 tooth pulley direct drive to the belt. (similar to Fiero Addiction)
Going to use Mach 3
Wanting to get my head around a few options and get some ideas.
So just some questions for the masters!
- I am looking for a decent plasma cutter around the $1500 AUD mark. (im from Australia)
Wanting to be able to cut 12mm plate, if ever needed!
- How does every one control there plasma when to switch on and off?
- Wanting to know if its possible to run the Z axis with 100mm of travel and control the torch height myself using Mach 3. eg set standards where you select your material thickness and it raises or lowers the torch height to the correct height. So have presets for 1.6, 3, 6, 8, 10, 12mm Thicknesses?
- Has anyone purchased from this ebay seller. He has been very help full with all my questions! He has got the Gecko G540 and case, all wired!
- Looking a a cheap Dell computer on ebay. Its got on board graphics is that adequate?
Thanks for all your help guys