1. What is the thickest material you will want to cut (use 1/2 the rating of the unit for max piercing)
2. What kind of arc start mechanism (HF, tip contact, auto-contact)
3. What is the cost of consummables?
4. Are consummables available from third party suppliers?
5. What is the rated duty cycle of the unit.
6. Where can you get spare parts?
If for CNC then:
7. All the above+
8. Is there a machine torch available
9. Are there different tip configurations for thin metal cutting
If no one has mentioned it before, the Hypertherm Powermax products 1000, 1250 and 1650 should all be 1 or 3 phase. I know for a fact that the 1250 is 1 phase. I have hooked mine up to house power. Cuts great. Currently I will be putting it on a table with controllers from Parker. Thanks for listening.
Last edited by dgcooper; 10-16-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Reason: mis speled words