Hello guys n gals!
As the title says, I'm having some trouble with the vertical alignment of our 4-axis Sodick AQ750L, I'm talking about setting the upper and lower guides in the correct angle (90 degrees), Normally it should show values around ~ +/- 0.005 (metric) but now it shows -0.05 to +0.05, I never get any values that are even close to eachother, the V-axis (Y-axis) seems to be the worst while the U-axis (X-axis) is not good but a lot better than the V-axis.
* I've changed the upper dice, re-aligned it several times, Checked it for cracks or any other damage..
* I've re-aligned the power feed contact plate.
* I've cleaned everything as good as possible.
* I've made sure that the vertical aligment block isn't damaged and that it actually is vertical, I've used this block a thousand times before and it's been doing fine
* I tried doing the alignment both dry and wet (with low pressure ON), same results.
* I'm using Condition 100, as always.
Could the lower dice cause this problem or is there something else i should check? The lower dice still has over 1000h left before it should be replaced and we've mostly done straight cuts since we changed it, Of course, Everything is possible with Wire EDM's..
I'm going to check the lower dice tomorrow morning, BUT, if anyone has had a somewhat similar problem i would really appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance folks and i apologize if my english looks weird
*Got it fixed
Problem was caused by some tiny hard-as-hell brass chips inside the lower guide/dice.
Hope it might help someone who experiences the same thing in the future