Ebay sucks! Here is why
1. Most machines are repainted using paints that will fall off into the coolant or cutting oil
2. Most machines are SIMPLY repainted making them look more attractive to sellers
3. Most machines with little things like linear ways or bad histories are often hidden to the end user
4. Buying something larger and not being able to test it out can really make for some bummer transactions and second thought later
5. Shipping and rigging can cost a small fortune!!!
6. Ebay has a couple of large volume dealers who always charge a MINT for old tired machines and the going rate on these machines is hardly what the real world value is or what they paid for them
7. Some things arent shown on ebay (for instance like the Cincinatti SABER line of budget cncs, the castings were known for their desinigration over time!)
Ebay is a great resource to find out who makes or made what and what components and features were available.