Romi EZ Path Lathe
Blew the X axis drive on it. It was an older Yaskawa CACR.....I don't have the part # in front of me.Rplaced it with a new motor and new SGDH (Yaskawa) drive spec'd by my Yaskawa rep.Can't get it to move but a couple of counts.I get an X-axis runaway fault on the CNC.
I tried reversing the encoder outputs from the drive to the cnc and reversing the speed ref signal. No change.
1) Any bright ideas?
2) Does anyone have or know where to get any test software for the BDMC board so I could force speed refs, look at encoder counts etc.
The two things I was not absolutely positive about in the parameter translations between the old and new drives are the Speed ref scaling and the encoder division setting for the encoder outputs from drive to cnc.
I'm going to play around with these to try and get the thing to visibly move.
Sorry this sould probably be in the Machine Problems forum.
If you had Yaskawa drives, sounds like 2 or 2SD model. The 1's had Motion Science DC drives whereas the 2 had Yaskawa AC's.
Your machine should have a file on it called PFM.exe. You have to exit to DOS and run it in that mode. If it isn't loaded, it should be on your system backup disk. You'll need it.
This gives real time feedback of what the BMDC is doing versus the feedback. It also gives the offset error from what the BMDC tells the thing to do versus what the feedback is from the encoders. The offset from the 2 drives needs to be darn close to each other in value equivalency.
If the gain for the new drive is vastly different from the old, you'll have to go into the parameter list and iteratively tune the values to get things back in sync or tweak the drive itself. In my case, the drive was tuned with cabinet closed and strictly via parameter tweaking.
If you're not too far away from Carol Stream IL, Brian at BPT Machine can tune it. He came to my shop in Michigan and did a superb job for me - he's a former Bridgeport "factory" guy and well connected with the guys who developed the EzPath and the Extrak systems. The price was VERY reasonable all things considered.
You'll be surprised how well the machine will run afterwards - he found all kinds of little "secret" tweaks that mine needed.
Well,Im embarrased I even posted this. Turns out there are two inputs on the new drive which inhibit forward and revers based on an extreme limit that did not exist n the old drive.Had to disable these via parameters.Now the thing seems to work fine.Gave it back to the operators...We'll see what they sa on Monday.
I guess we have some system disks that I did'nt know about.Hopefully PFM.EXE is there somewhere.
Thanks for the reply!