NC414 Controllers

Thread: NC414 Controllers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NC414 Controllers

I have a few post in other places but I just wanted to know if any can help. I'm in the process of trying to use a dynomotion controller on this Bridgeport R2E3 Mill. I think I have almost everything planned out or done except a few things. How do I control the speed of the servos? What signal do I need if I plan on using the old pre-amps? Any info or additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I have the same mill as you,
    The NC414 amps are analog input drives. The +_ 0-10v signal from your Dynomotion control board,is what controls the speed/distance the servo's move.
    Unless you mean the feed override control which is entirely different.

Have you started the conversion yet, or still in the informational stage?
    Cutmore

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm just about ready to start connecting stuff up. Do you know where I need to apply the +/-10? Does that control speed or distance or both? And the feed overide how does that work?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am no expert so here goes,
    The long & short is that the analog signal controls distance/speed.
    There is much more to it than that but there are many others who know much more than I do for that.

Where to connect the +/- 10v, I have a wiring diagram @ home for the drives & I will try to remember that tomorrow.

The feed rate override on mine anyways is just a pot, and with the varying resistance fed to an in put on the control(the Dynomotion card in your case) The controller will output a percentage of the current feedrate.

Hey,
    I thought you said you were ready to start hooking things up!
    Just kidding.
    Just hoping to return some of the help I have gotten on the zone,
    Cutmore

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anything you can tell me about the Axis Overide and the Axis Motion Handwheel? I'm not sure how I'm gonna make this stuff work. I guess I'm a little further away from hooking this thing up than I thought.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi krz2,
    The Axis override is for varying the speed of the axis movements during a program or during a jog move.
    The Axis motion handwheel is for jogging 1 of the axis at a time and each detent of rotation would be a specific distance of movement.

As far as how to make them work, The Wiring for the Axis override should be simple, just a variable resistor wired to an input on the dynomotion card. Power in, & maybe just 1 wire out.
    The Axis motion handwheel is an encoder, I think mine had 3 wires, If you have the original wiring diagram for the Bport this should help.

Hope this helps some,
    Cutmore

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That helps alot. Thank you. If I have anymore question I'll be sure to ask. Again thank you