In our shop we are looking for a new CAM (for milling) integrated in Solidworks.
We don't make large series.
The parts can be very complex.
We have 3 3-axis and 5 5-axis milling machines of various sizes.
The different CAM-solutions we are looking at are:
- Delcam for Solidworks
- Hypermill for Solidworks
- Mastercam for Solidworks
I have a few questions:
- Is there a CAM that is able to use the tolerance from the sketch? (for example 200 +0/+0.5) Will this be milled as 200 or 200.25?
- Is the Post-processor open to modification?
- Are the calculations performed in the background?
- What CAM-programs have good feature recognition?
- Is there a CAM capable of using a 90° angle head (on a 5-axis machine)?
- Ease of use?
- Simulation with machine model?
- 5-axis linking movement between operations? (versus retract to safety)