A little more on the progress so far.
I managed to do away with the limit switch holder for X. End stops are what they call those I think.
I just used some zipties to secure the opto between the X end carriage. Perfect spot for those.
I also designed an adjustable opto holder for the Z. This makes is nicer to get just right. This and the table leveling rosettes make that a simple thing now. Without these it was a big fuss adjusting the Z home and table level.
I also designed a carrier for the filament on top of the machine.
Works pretty well considering it was a thin quick and dirty print. (= fast.)
I want to rework that file though. Make it a little thicker and print heavier to support 2.2 pond spools. The rod is just PVC conduit and a cut down elbow for the ends.
It works great in that position.