Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art - Page 5

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C View Post
    It came out great .. .though this rolled acrylic doesn't do it justice. Enco stopped selling cast so I used what I could find at Lowes. Next step is the lighted base. Thanks for allowing me to use your file I do appreciate it. My friend is very excited to see the results, she won't be disappointed.

Jay
    Hi There Jay,

Glad it worked out for you as you hoped... will look pretty neat lit up I think... Lettering is a nice touch too

thanks very much for showing pic of the cut

To anyone waiting for the FREE release of the cnc4free ebook

I'm banging away at this at the moment.. so hopefully it won't be that much longer... I'm also trying to get my head round a really tricky conservation based job .... could do with 2 heads and four hands...

Anyway... will post here as soon as the ebook is up at cnc4free...

good to see other contributions in the thread... and would also welcome any other pics of stuff created using cnc4free.org download...

TTFN

Danny

What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Guys,

You are doing amazing works using your CNCs...That's Great!! I am dealing with CNC software. So not having that much idea about how to carve on wood using CNC machines..

But I saw all your works..It's Great!! Well Done..!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MrWild View Post
    Did you reverse the way it carved? Just starting to play with my JGRO now that it's finished and starting a CNC X2. Have learned so much and nowsee I need to learn more. How did you reverse the 3D image or is that the way it is meant to be carved?
    I carve the image into the back of the signs yes. The CAM software does all the hard work

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is a good one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any full 3d files? I'd like to try routing something full 3d maybe in splices and figured I'd start with a file that has been used before.
    Thanks

My Equipment:
    Gerber Edge II www.gspinc.com
    Gerber envision
    Vortech Router www.vortechcnc.com
    Roland Versacamm www.rolanddg.com

My Software:
    Corel X3
    Vectric Vcarve Pro www.vectric.com
    Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
    Mach www.machsupport.com
    Gerber Omega

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New updated FREE Version of cnc4free.org eBook is ONLINE

To anyone interested really...

The updated and much delayed FREE version of the cnc4free.org eBook went online today on the 'Tutorials' page at http://cnc4free.org.

The 141 MB self-extracting download comprises 8 chapters and 408 pages.

Content covers everything from CNC oriented image editing to 5 axis toolpath creation / gCode generation with CNC_Toolkit. This version provides highly integrated, tried and tested means to perform by far and the majority of CNC related design and processing. All techniques can be exploited at ZERO cost and with great power and flexibility.

As Always.. Hope this helps

Danny

BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Downloads
    Uploads

I want to say THANK YOU DANNY, for the cnc4free.org eBook. Knowing how much time and effort went to creating this book. Thank you.

My 2¢

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, thank you, Danny!! Looks like I have a lot of studying/playing to do as soon as I can get a few more brain cells online this morning.
    Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Danny!!!

A great resource, many thanks for making it available for all of us.
    Regards

Alex

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks for kind words :)

Hi There,

lancut, dlgabry and Alexthehun

Many thanks for your kind words... hope you find the eBook contents to be of use in your CNC endeavours..

regards

Danny

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea thanks. Cool stuff.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks for your kind remarks...

Hi there,

flooded

Thanks for your kind and positive comments... Hope you enjoy the eBook and that at least some of the content is of use to you.

TTFN

Danny

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I still have to mill the PCB and install the LED light, but the box is done. Thanks again Danny.

The wood is walnut and the top and bottom fit together tightly. The knot in this piece was going to just be a prototype, but when I put the finish on it (Amorseal) I had to keep it. The original bottom was not usable and the replacement bottom does not blend as well.

-Jay

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-dragon_crop-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know in the other forum people like to help convert art into DXF's. I plan to try and use Danny's eBook to make something along the lines of the dragon for this image. It was a "tattoo" a friend's daughter drew and sent me via her cell phone. Thus I have already done a lot of clean up in Photoshop. My intent is to have some of the tendrils overlap like Danny did with the Dragon.

Note: I had to resize the image to upload it here.

-Jay

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-heart_2color_800-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking good :)

I know in the other forum people like to help convert art into DXF's. I plan to try and use Danny's eBook to make something along the lines of the dragon for this image. It was a "tattoo" a friend's daughter drew and sent me via her cell phone. Thus I have already done a lot of clean up in Photoshop. My intent is to have some of the tendrils overlap like Danny did with the Dragon.

Note: I had to resize the image to upload it here.

-Jay

Hi there Jay,

project is looking good.... also thanks for the appreciative comments...

That's an interesting image you plan to use for your next job...

If you're going to heightmap it, I'd suggest splitting the content into the main heart shaped part and the stems. you can then process them separately to get the shaping just as you need it...

The best method for overlapping content is the 'stroke path with gradient' method using a duplicated layer and 'apply mode' adjustment to the basic shape gradient... You can get very smooth shaped gradients using this method.. and it cuts down the manual work you might have to do...this is covered in the 'Adaptations for gmax' section of chapter 2...

In Photoshop 'apply mode' settings would equate to 'Channels' settings... let me know if you have any problems with it...

Hope this helps

Danny

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, this is how it looks lit up. That's 8 superbright LEDs at 10mA each.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-dragon_lit_800-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Looks Awesome

Jay C

Awesome work, looks fantastic with the lights.

GG

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Looks Great !

Hi there, Jay...

what can I say... really cool... excellent use of the file and something I would never have thought of myself... great work !!

Danny

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default July 2010 site updates - ONLINE

July updates are now online at http://cnc4free.org Had hoped to get these online by end of last week but have been run off my feet with work etc...

As usual, some examples below..

TTFN

Danny

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-750_cnc4free-org_cornerleaves-jpg   Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-756_cnc4free-org_fairy-jpg   Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-767_cnc4free-org_ragingwolf-jpg   Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-774_cnc4free-org_unicorn-jpg  

Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-170dxf_cnc4free-org_luckytrout-gif   Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art-171dxf_cnc4free-org_overdoor-gif  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thank you for the eBook

Quote Originally Posted by yohudi View Post

July updates are now online at http://cnc4free.org Had hoped to get these online by end of last week but have been run off my feet with work etc...

As usual, some examples below..

TTFN

Danny
    Danny,
    Thank you for your Web site and all the work you do for us. I have downloaded your book and will start digesting it soon. Just wanted to thank you for your work.
    Dave

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast