Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files. - Page 5

Page 5 of 218 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same result. Looks like those two files are missing from the server or the links are bad.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, I give up, what kind of wood is everyone using to cut these 3D puzzles out of? I've been looking for some kind of nice looking 'whitish' wood sheeting approx. 1/8" or 3mm thick and 12" x 24" or larger in size but have been unable to find a source, local or other in the USA. Maybe I'm using the wrong search parameters or looking in the wrong stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, Hobby Shops, etc.).

I was thinking about cutting a bunch of these critters out for my daughter's classmates for Christmas presents but am quickly running out of time.

Anyone???

HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Downloads
    Uploads

Use MDF and then spray it white.
    Cheap, quick, and simple.

Or maybe plastic.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Went to the local Harbor Freight today and the had several dinosaur puzzles for 99 cents. Not to distract from making them yourself at the price one could buy them and somehow put them into a DXF file and cut whatever size one wanted. If and had the know how and the equipment I think I would do it. I've really enjoyed the posts here as well as throughout the ZONE, and one day hope to get a CNC machine up and running.

Herman
    Disclaimer: Not affiliated with any company or business. Happily Retired.

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't try to open the file. You want to "save as" or what ever command your browser uses for saving the target file.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

If your cutting these with either a 1/16" or 1/8" endmills, using a high speed spindle like from a router, in 1/8" (3mm) material (MDF), what feedrates are you guys using and are you able to cut it in one pass or are you making multiple depth passes? I would imagine multiple passes would be required, especially with a 1/16" cutter.

Carl

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    OK, I give up, what kind of wood is everyone using to cut these 3D puzzles out of? I've been looking for some kind of nice looking 'whitish' wood sheeting approx. 1/8" or 3mm thick and 12" x 24" or larger in size but have been unable to find a source, local or other in the USA. Maybe I'm using the wrong search parameters or looking in the wrong stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, Hobby Shops, etc.).

I was thinking about cutting a bunch of these critters out for my daughter's classmates for Christmas presents but am quickly running out of time.

Anyone???
    Dunno bout everyone, but I am using thin ply, 3.6mm, it is fairly strong, cheap and doesn't look all that bad when finished. Guess you could apply sanding sealer and paint. I got the stuff with a smooth finish. Another option would to "lime wash" the timber.

I had similiar ideas to make a few for christmas for the kids, funny I spent the last 6 months building my first router, now I have about a week to learn how to use it and make kids toys with it... ah well these skeleton animals are a pretty good way to get used to the machine and what it can do.

I have learned that you have to be careful that all the lines are actually joined in the DXF's before you make the g-code, or things get a little crazy.

Russell.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my jurassic park, my velociaptor with a small change in the archive now is running, and shark does not need glue

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-dino_apatossaiuro-jpg   Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-cavalo_fogo-jpg   Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-meu_jurasic_park_menor-jpg   Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-velociraptor_correndo-jpg  

Last edited by jack_live; 12-14-2006 at 05:42 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is really a nice collection! What software did you use to do the small sign? That is alot of pocket cutting. Good job!

RipperSoftware

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice collection Jack. The Velociraptor is really cool. I need to get going and start cutting some myself. Missing out on all the fun.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=rippersoft;229890]That is really a nice collection! What software did you use to do the small sign? That is alot of pocket cutting. Good job!

RipperSoftware

I use artcam it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

inneb! you can share that bird that this in its table of billiards

Downloads
    Uploads

As I have said in a previous post, the files are in the thread that whiteriver posted http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...31&postcount=5
    they are a font that you type into your CAD program and then reaize it according to your needs. Quite cool actually.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb View Post
    As I have said in a previous post, the files are in the thread that whiteriver posted http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...31&postcount=5
    they are a font that you type into your CAD program and then reaize it according to your needs. Quite cool actually.
    I know. my interest is only bird(i think) with the base in cross, these dinos in ttf I has here
    thanks
    a litle dinos again

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-borboleta_acrilico-jpg   Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-pterodatilo_-jpg   Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-shark_acrilico-jpg   Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-shark_acrilico0013-jpg  

Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-vitoria-madeira0002-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Well, I've found one answer to my question. While my wife and daughter wandered around PetSmart, I moseyed over to Michaels ("The Arts and Crafts Store"). Lo and behold!, I found 12" x 24" x 1/8" craft plywood (stock #0 91157 05306 3). Michaels carries other assorted sizes and thicknesses, too. It seemed to be kind of pricey at $3.99 US a sheet, but I purchased some anyway. I figured that a piece of plywood in the hand is worth two still in the forest.

Now I can cut some of these 3D puzzles while I look for a less expensive source for the plywood.

HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here are some examples of what I found at Harbor Freight as Dinosaurs:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-dino-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here are the Insects:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-insects-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what the Plesiosaurus cuts looks like

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-plesiosaurus-cnc-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what the Cricket cuts look like:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-cricket-cnc-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what the Ant cuts look like:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-ant-cnc-jpg  

Page 5 of 218 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast