Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files. - Page 17

Page 17 of 218 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, I have cut a few of the dino models from this thread for my kids - they love them - and so does everyone else that sees them, this is the problem. I dont mind cutting a few for close freinds but everyone with kids wants them, too many to do them for free. Are these files/images copyrighted at all ??????, I am wanting to cut these but dont want to squash anyones toes so to speek if I sell them. Thanks in advance, Rob.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robbec View Post
    Hello everyone, I have cut a few of the dino models from this thread for my kids - they love them - and so does everyone else that sees them, this is the problem. I dont mind cutting a few for close freinds but everyone with kids wants them, too many to do them for free. Are these files/images copyrighted at all ??????, I am wanting to cut these but dont want to squash anyones toes so to speek if I sell them. Thanks in advance, Rob.
    rob my GUESS is that they are all copyrighted. I see them being sold in the mall fairly often from import company's. if you look around most of them have been vectorized by guys like us for the fun of it. as far as selling them you'd want to look into it a bit. no sense spending any cash defending yourself from copyright gripes. that being said, most of us have help a friend out when asked

Erik

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My take on it is that if they have come from the low cost manufacturing countries, then someone has already copied them, I do not think that the Chinese or Indian etc branding that they are sold under have ever purchased the rights to sell them. I have seen so many different brands that these models are sold under that it isn't even clear who designed them in the first place. I would be VERY surprised to hear of someone getting in trouble for selling these. I have also seen them for around $2 each, that has to be hard to compete with too.

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually you can buy them at harbor frieght for $1 at times. I saw them yesterday for $1.50 NOT ON SALE...hardly worth spending tools and electricity...Now if its fun and satisfaction of doing the project PRICELESS. One view is charge them for the labor if you want and give them the end result.

Just my $1 worth

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have cut some of the smaller ones and a 12" butterfly out of 4mm MDF takes about 12 minutes. The machine is usually charged out at around $150 per hour Doesn't really work out as good financial sense really, although it is great fun as Blackbeard says.

Shannon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies. The veiws expressed are basically the same as mine, they have been copied from originals then copied again ten times over so who is to know how original they are now compared to their original design. Definately food for thought guys, cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads

If your only charging to cover costs and not making a profit then you don't have to worry about it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not having much luck scaling these files. I was hoping to do the spider one out of 1/8" material, but the slots on the original drawing appear to be 1/16". Is there a simple way to scale these drawings (ie: open in autocad, type "select all" and hit enter, then type "scale 2" and hit enter.) ? I can probably worm my way onto the autocad machine at work for a couple of minutes, but I don't know autocad so it would take me forever to try and edit them.

I'd appreciate any advice.

- Dean

Downloads
    Uploads

Its been a while but I know autocad can scale as you have mentioned. You can scale by points so if you draw an 1/8" line beside a slot and scale all and use the 1/8 line as your scale factor it will up it accordingly

I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!

Downloads
    Uploads

The slots are a problem for some of the files. You will note that some slots are single lines. You use the same diameter tool as the thickness of the material in this instance.
    If you are using thick material it doesnt make sence to cut using a 12mm bit for instance. In this case you are best to edit the drawing files. This is a pain, but its also a good learning excersize.
    It is immpossible to standardize the files to suit everyone, as different people have different methods, machines etc.

Being outside the square !!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CanSir View Post
    I'm not having much luck scaling these files. I was hoping to do the spider one out of 1/8" material, but the slots on the original drawing appear to be 1/16". Is there a simple way to scale these drawings (ie: open in autocad, type "select all" and hit enter, then type "scale 2" and hit enter.) ? I can probably worm my way onto the autocad machine at work for a couple of minutes, but I don't know autocad so it would take me forever to try and edit them.

I'd appreciate any advice.

- Dean
    sc enter
    all "
    2 "

That should make everything larger by a scale factor 2. That was providing that someone didn't do some major customizing of Autocad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks! That worked for me.

- Dean

Quote Originally Posted by trevis1st View Post
    sc enter
    all "
    2 "

That should make everything larger by a scale factor 2. That was providing that someone didn't do some major customizing of Autocad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question drawing to Ceratopsier

One who can help with a pool drawing to Ceratopsier
    I found DXF file in this thread
    I have cut it in 2 mm stainless steel

fell free to drop by www.newtime.dk/dxf_files
    plz. don´t mind my misspelling :)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

has anyone got a file for one of these?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

where did my link go? how about this,

http://www.cardboardsafari.com/shop/product_cbs1002.php

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi i was searching for the dxf files of these animals...anyone can help? sorry for bad english
    Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-e013-jpg

Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-e038-jpg

Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-h010-jpg

Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-m009-jpg

Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-m029-jpg

Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-p048-jpg

thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

can someone advise me on converting corel x3 to dxf and then to laser every time i try it parts or curves end up missing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

:O

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

wery nice!!wher dxf files?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Page 17 of 218 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117 ... LastLast