Need Help! Building a custom PC case

Thread: Building a custom PC case

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Building a custom PC case

So I'm in the early stages of designing and building my own computer case, and am unsure as to how I am going to build it (using a router or a CNC, which material is ideal, etc). At this point, I believe only a CNC is going to be capable of making the cuts required for this project. The material I've chosen is MDF, but I'm not sure it's strong enough at this size. To anyone with experience with remotely similar projects, I would greatly appreciate advice! I'm open to tweaking the design as well, just know that there are some size constraints, so there isn't a lot of wiggle room.

Currently I've designed this with 1/2" sides that will allow for 'routing' using a table saw, and the cuts for the back, bottom, and two front pieces would probably need a CNC. I just don't know of any other method that could be used for such fine cuts (except maybe a surgeon wielding a dremel, lol)

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Building a custom PC case-back-angle-dimensions-jpg   Building a custom PC case-front-angle-jpg   Building a custom PC case-front-angle-transp-jpg   Building a custom PC case-front-dimensions-jpg  

Building a custom PC case-thickness-jpg   Building a custom PC case-exploded-front-angle-jpg   Building a custom PC case-exploded-back-angle-jpg   Building a custom PC case-exploded-back-angle-full-jpg  

Last edited by rmitt90; 08-18-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Building a custom PC case

On a CNC you can do what ever you want I guess im also addicted to it few years back, from upward airflow all the way up to a refrigerated PC case

https://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2889/case-build-upward-airflow

https://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/...rated-pc-final

A whole table...

That`s all the way down to a USB and a DVI slot machining

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Building a custom PC case-4_0_547-jpg   Building a custom PC case-1_550px-jpg   Building a custom PC case-2-jpg   Building a custom PC case-6666-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work! Can you recall how much it cost to have the CNC work done, if I may ask?

Downloads
    Uploads

That I dont know sir, for those years I did not use a CNC to make my PC projects, just bare hands and some power tools, but now im currently working on a manufacturing shop with CNC`s, it depends on how many minutes I guess (CAM programming to machine cutting), here in our place it`s per project, and usually customers get a bigger discount they order 3 or more last time I woked with an aluminum PC case my boss charged half the material cost.