Wooden Clock Gears - Page 6

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden Clock Gears

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking files

Here are files I have found searching around for clocks.

happy sawdust makin.

Also here is a larger file for version 2 www.tanasi.com/downloads/ClockV2.zip

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wooden Clock Gears-clock-2003-gen-20assy-full-scale-color  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for generous help

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard52 View Post
    I have all his free plans...what are you wanting?
    Bob
    Thank Bob, I hadn't decided which clock to try first, but your Clock 2003 above looks great and I guess its as good a place to start as any!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thkoutsidthebox

Thanx for the vote of confidence but these are Gary's clock designs among others...give him the credit for the design and me the credit for gleening them for the Zone!!!!

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

I will soon test my new MDF machine by following ur clock...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by thkoutsidthebox View Post
    Thank Bob, I hadn't decided which clock to try first, but your Clock 2003 above looks great and I guess its as good a place to start as any!
    It is my understanding that Gary's web site will be back and is not down permantely.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gary

That is my understanding too Mr. Chips....I hope it does these are excellant clock designs. I just happened to find them searching for my wife an anniversary present (PROJECT!!!!!!) and made the downloads to my system for just this possibility....

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

{QUOTE
    I had been holding off on getting the plans for a clock until I Had my machine done. I just finished and now Gary's site is gone! Does anyone else know of a good site with a bunch of plans? I know of Clayton Boyer's site, but I am looking for more options and Gary had some free plans also.}

I have Gary's 2003 clock pdf's and his dxf file. Brian Law has 4 clocks 0n his site, and is kind enough to let people download dxf files on his clocks if you email him and ask.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello!

I have been following this thread with great interest. I wonder if any of you has finished making one? Could you please show some pictures?
    I guess cutting all the gears and parts using the .dxf wouldn't be too difficult, but how easy is it to put everything together?

Wachara C.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TonyWood View Post
    All,

As promised here are the cleaned up .dxf files, think they are all there if not let me know and I will do my best to provide the missing ones

Tony
    Tony , do you have some kind of assembly instruction?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Instructions

All the assembly instructions are available on Brian Laws site, here is a short cut to the .pdf file http://www.woodenclocks.co.uk/Clock1.pdf

Tony

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm reviewing the Brian Law Clock1 plans. I've viewed them in 2D cad too. I have some questions targeted to you folks that have built this clock. Or other smart guys who understand this clock.

1. Part Number 21 is called a yoke, but I can't find any installation view of this part. I don't know where it goes. I suspect it has something to do with the Pendulum drive.

2. The instructions don't detail which parts are glued together, or slip fit.

If anyone knows where Part number 21 goes, please let me know.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

here is a mockup of the clock showing the yoke on the back of the clock

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wooden Clock Gears-clock1-main-assy14-jpg   Wooden Clock Gears-clock1-main-assy15-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, those pictures did clarify the situation.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are more on this clock on his website now... Good luck..I built one the old fashion way and never got it to keep time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blackbeard52,
    any idea, why it wouldn't keep time? I'm also wondering, out all the clocks that are built, how well do they actually keep time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default keeping time

Actually they do keep time cery well but when I built mine there was not a lot of info on how to build. There are a few forums that deal with wooden clocks. But I havent fooled witth mine in a few years... I have a site that I am going to order from that has a lot of clocks that are funky and hard to buld...I like the challenge...

Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another question for you guys that have built a "clock1". On the Parts List, the item 41 is a "ropering". There are 8 of these parts, but I couldn't find any other reference to this part. No detail part and no assembly illustration either. Anyone know what they are?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

On the last page of the instruction sheet you will find a list of those parts that need to be a loose fit, a tight fit and also glued. When I made mine I did find one or two items that were not quite right but common sense prevails.

One thing to watchout for with any clock is friction, ensure that those parts that move are free. One other part to watchout for is the Pawl it needs to be of a close grained wood the grain needs to be orientated correctly. In fact I redesigned mine as the angel was wrong where it intersected the ratchet.

Mine runs perfectly, for just over 11 hours on each wind, and is accurate to around 2 mins over that period.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Tony

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tony,
    Excellent reminder about the "fits" chart and notes on the last page.

After a quick once over, I thought there should be more glued joints. I might ask some more questions on fits later.

In Note 1, I'm wondering if there is a typo. It says to use "Beech planed down to a thickness of 1 10mm for all components".... I'm wondering why the extra "1" is included? Would that be a typo?

Also since I don't currently have a planer, I'm wondering if using 1/2 (12.5mm) would be ok for all the gears and components. Internal spacing seems generous such that a thickness change should work ok.

Good to hear about the accuracy of your clock. The 11 hour span, makes it more of an ornament then a time piece. I wonder if anyone has gotten more time from a winding? Seems like for every wrap of the drum, you'd get an additional hour. Correct. I'll have to think about that one.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast