Wooden Clock Gears - Page 5

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden Clock Gears

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default A Bargin In Bits

If you need any 1/16 up to a 1/8 in router bit you need to check this out. ToolsandTunes@juno.com

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Error

I posted the E-Mail address. He has a store on E-Bay under the name of Tools and Tunes Go to E-Bay and you can go to his store or look under tools or router bits or enter the item no. - 150154657266.

I am using his bits and for the money they cannot be beat.

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for Gary's Clock drawings

Hello, I found the website for Gary's Wooden Clock, and wqas getting ready to download the pdf files for the project, when the website went down and does not come up. Don't know what happened to it, but I don't think it is coming back up. I have the CAD DXF files for the gears, which I will cut on my CNC router, but I am missing the PDF files which have the detailed specs on all the other parts (shafts, spacers, etc.).

Does anyone out there have these files on their hard drive, and would you be willing to email them to me at daves@manastrip.com? I would really appreciate it. My wife, of course, picked out this design as the one she wants, so now I have to find a way to make it. :-)

Thanks again to anyone who can help me...

David Scagnelli

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a small world, I found myself in the exact same same boat today. I just got my router more or less working, and was hoping to churn out a clock. But Gary's site's down.

The guy that ran that site has posted on CNCzone before, but not in a long time. I think his username was woodman13.

I looked at those files ALONG time ago, so there's a chance I might have saved them on my old computer. I'll check tonight. There are plenty of other clock sites out that, but I think Gary's designs were the slickest.

You might also want to check out scrollsawyer magazine, they had a wooden clock article a while back too. But that's not going to be as nice as having DXF files.

Cheers,
    Dean

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gary's Clock

I assume you are talking about Gary's 2003 clock. I have the pdf's and will send them to you if you let me know you require them. Given Gary makes them available at no cost on his site, I can't see that he would have a problem with my providing them to you. I can't imaging that Gary's site is down permanently. Expect there is just a glitch of some sort.

Bob Thornborough bthornborough@yahoo.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is a real shame, I hope he get's it back together. I think that he's posted recently on the clock forum that J.R. Beall hosts, you might try over there at:www.bealltool.com/clockforum/index.php. Or here's his E-Mail addy :gary.mahony@3web.net . This addy is several years old, and I don't know if it's still good.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Heard from Gary

Hello all! I received an Email from Gary about his website. He says he is moving it to another ISP and will have it back up in a few weeks, if not sooner. When he emails me the new site address, I will post it here.

In the interim, if anyone has the PDF files for the individual parts and would be willing to email them to me, I would really appreciate it. Email address is daves@manastrip.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I will post what I have, I got these a while ago and there may be missing stuff but it is a start...

Russell.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wooden Clock Gears-c03-0020-general-assy-clock-2003-rev2   Wooden Clock Gears-clock-2003-gen-assy-full-scale-color   Wooden Clock Gears-garys-clock-2003-inch-beta3-pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you for sharing the information. If there is somebody who can make a detailed thread on DIY WOODEN GEAR CLOCK??? it will be great ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dan dimock View Post
    I have also been looking for a machine to cut gears for wooden clocks, the largest gear I want to cut is 12 inches or less. I had some cut and they looked burnt on the sides, so I'm looking into a small router to do them myself.
    If you know of plans for a 12 X 12 or near this size, please let me know,
    Dan
    Have you looked at the small CNC router at http://ww.widgitmaster.com/

They look like just the thing for building clock gears with great accuracy.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have information on Gary's 2003 Clock parts? I'm specifically looking for anything that discusses the bushings and shafts the gears/clock hands are affixed to. Are these made or off-the shelf items? Thanks for any information!

Best regards,
    Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used deltacad to make gears before
    It is listed under macros gearmaker
    It lets you set the center to center an number of teeth
    then all you have to do is modify the backlash to get the cut settings you want
    it will do regular gearing not the one for the pawl etc but it would give you a good starting point to modify from

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just browsing the thread, I bought one of these kits a while back. Not as fast or clean
    as a CNC machine, but far less expensive. They sell no void ply kits to cut the big gears out of - you use solid wood for the smaller - I have cut some nice gears with it. Haven't finished my clock yet - my wife sidetracked me into building kitchen cabinets.

http://www.woodline.com/p-2045-delux...erry-wood.aspx

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tony..
    do you still have the dxf files for your wooden clock.. if so what do I have to do
    to get your dxf files...

Thanks..
    James C. Fritz
    Email: bison@russellks.net

Downloads
    Uploads

Its 3 months later...does anyone know if Gary's site is going to go back up or has he decided not to do another one?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm about to have a panic attack here lol...

I had been holding off on getting the plans for a clock until I Had my machine done. I just finished and now Gary's site is gone! Does anyone else know of a good site with a bunch of plans? I know of Clayton Boyer's site, but I am looking for more options and Gary had some free plans also.

Thanks,
    Kevin

My Website and Buildlogs - www.myhomecnc.info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default gary's clock

oooops ....Duplicate

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its 3 months later...does anyone know if Gary's site is going to go back up or has he decided not to do another one?
    I have all his free plans...what are you wanting?

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

All

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To be honost I hadn't fully decided which I wanted to try...I think I'd like to get the plans for the 2003 and also for the simplest clock.

My Website and Buildlogs - www.myhomecnc.info

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast