HELP!! Router bits needed!

Thread: HELP!! Router bits needed!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP!! Router bits needed!

Hello, I have taken on the challange of trying to make couplers for rc cars to sell to a few people but i have a few problems. First I dont have a router fast enough to cut aluminum ( I think) so I have decided to make them out of pvc hex rod. They need to be 14mm on the outside, which i ca get it already made in that size. Then i have to cut it 20mm long, and cut a 15mm deep,10.5mm acrost, hex into the middle of it. This is where i run into problems. I have to find a router bit that will easily cut the pvc, prefferably a upcut, and that is small enough to get max detail out of the 10.5mm hex i am cutting while being extra long so i can cut all the way down to the 15mm. Is what im saying is i need a really small upcut/spiral bit that is extra long.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

what speed is your router , speed isnt as much of a factor as torque , 1 rpm will cut aluminum , though that may take some time and patience

for the pvc i would just use a new hss 2flt endmill

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll take a wild stab at this and suggest a single flute carbide end mill. I have heard many success stories cutting PVC with a single flute end mill. Wether this is true or not I have no idea, but it may be worth a try.

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Downloads
    Uploads

does anyone have any places to get long endmills though

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by abomb55076
    does anyone have any places to get long endmills though

Here are a few places

www.mscdirect.com
    www.duramill.com
    www.hanita.com
    www.use-enco.com

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com