Best Method

Thread: Best Method

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Best Method

Hi, I am looking into getting the profile of a flat sided fishing lure I make production cut. These are large lures (6" long) made from 3/4" basswood. Curious as to any input on the best method to have this done (router,laser waterjet...) Both sides of cut will eventually be rounded over on a router table, so burn marks are not an issue, but must be fairly accurate. Any ideas on the most cost effective approach to this ? Looking to start at 100 at a time.If there's anyone near Columbus,Ohio area on this board that would be interested in a project like this, please e-mail me @ musky2much@aol.com. Thanks, Cliff

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I suppose its gotta' be basswood? Part of the mystery and mystique of getting the fish? Having the right lure - and made from the right materials?
    If not, then why not build an RTV mold with a part line from your favorite and resin cast them. No need to route the final product as you start with a good one.

Heaps have been done that way for tuna, wahoo and mahi lures! Make as many molds as you need and let 'em cure while you go have a brew - mate!

Jim

Then again - maybe muskie are picky eaters!