How much do you charge for plasma cutting time? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much do you charge for plasma cutting time?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Looks promising....... You have my interest!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have hired a php programmer to code simlar script for my website to give price quote

if someone else is interested in this script ill find out how much he wants for the code..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use 14ga mild steel sheet. For this guage I multiply the amount of cutting inches, BEFORE I click for the final cutting vectors, by .2[20 cents per inch] for metalart and .04[4 cents per inch] for repetitive parts. The metalart takes so much more time to clean up that it justifies the higher cost/". This is all at 260"/min. The heavier the material, the slower your cut speed. Find a good cut speed for your thickness and do the math to tie it in to your hourly shop rate. I have a digital catalog with over a hundred items and all of them are priced by the pre-cut-path inches X .20. But it's only good for 14ga. If a customer wants thicker stuff then a study has to be done to see what the new cut speed is and how much of it you can do in one hour.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cnc plasma costing?

hey friends. i have cnc plasma 1250 hypertherm make. i want to know what factor to be considered while getting the per ft or per inch cost to be quoted to the customer. i am trying to find it on this forum but searching and searching and not getting it. If anyone can please send the link to that forum or if anyone can help me find the cost per cutting for hypertherm cnc plasma 1250, that would be of gr8 help.

i cut mild steel as well as stainless steel squares and circles majorly.

thanx

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sir....you can use fastcam software,this software already have you can make nc codes and make quotation for the exact price for the plasma cutting....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I DONT GET YOU

Quote Originally Posted by spawn_818 View Post
    sir....you can use fastcam software,this software already have you can make nc codes and make quotation for the exact price for the plasma cutting....

DEAR SIR
    I BEG YOUR PARDON , BUT I DINT GET WHAT YOU MEAN. I HAVE FASTCAM SOFTWARE, N I MAKE NC CODES TOO, BUT HOW IS THAT GOING TO HELP ME QUOTE THE PRICE FOR CUTTING.. I KNOW HOW MUCH METER DO I CUT, BUT WHAT SHOULD BE THE PRICE BREAKUP.. CAN YOU PLEASE PUT SOME LIGHT ON THE SAME..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sir use fastcam costing,its already in the software,if you already have nc codes,then it its easy to input, no matter how big or small or how much meter,it is.,fastcam and fastnest can compute,the price for cutting and area that you will use ,do you now how to use it....?and what is the version of your fastcam?im just trying to help you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey all,

great info as I'm very new to pricing items.

Question for you all

I have a job that I need to price out, the pieces are 3/8" thick 13"x66". The plate has 427 pierces in it and a cut of 1359".

I'm guessing the material cost will be in the 450 dollar range..

with this information what would your estimates be on pricing this job?
    Would you still double the price of the material even as the material gets more expensive?

and jim said his charge for 3/16" steel was .75 would that price go up for thicker metal than the 3/16"?

thanks in advance.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where I work we charge 200 a hour for up to a inch thick. Then add 100 per inch after that with top out at 400 a hour. One hour minimum. Its cheaper if we bid the job cause we factor in a cheaper cut costs then. Thats with simple cad work and beveling. I do a lot of power plant work so I guess when a power plant is loosing 100k every few hours they can pay those rates.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How much do you charge for plasma cutting time?

How much do you charge for plasma cutting time?-pc31-pngHow much do you charge for plasma cutting time?-pc32-png

Here is a simple program i put together to help me with quoting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123