CX-20 with U700 alarm

Thread: CX-20 with U700 alarm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question CX-20 with U700 alarm

We have a Mitsubishi CX-20 that has a U700 alarm. The manual says this is a bad power supply. I have checked all the power supplies and fuses. One 5volt supply is not coming on but the 100Vac is not being supplied to it. When I "hot wire" the 100Vac the supply comes on OK; but I still have the alarm and it won't clear. I suspect a logic board problem is causing this. Mitsubishi tech support won't talk to us unless we send them big money first, the machine is not worth all they want. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by djackson854 View Post
    We have a Mitsubishi CX-20 that has a U700 alarm. The manual says this is a bad power supply. I have checked all the power supplies and fuses. One 5volt supply is not coming on but the 100Vac is not being supplied to it. When I "hot wire" the 100Vac the supply comes on OK; but I still have the alarm and it won't clear. I suspect a logic board problem is causing this. Mitsubishi tech support won't talk to us unless we send them big money first, the machine is not worth all they want. Has anyone seen this problem before?
    still problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't help you but I hope you can help me.
    We can't get the manual box to work on our CX20. Any ideas?

Stefan Vendin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have not had much experience with the CX20 other than the one I have here that I can't get running. However we had some other Mitsubishi EDMs with the same control. Usually when they did something strange we had to reload the software. This seemed to be a frequent problem with all our Mitsubishi EDMs. Every 6 months to a year they would need to be reloaded. Other then that I can't help much.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks.
    We've reloaded the software twice.You can get the control to do inching but you can't change increment. It will just do 10ths of a thou.

Last edited by Mitsui Seiki; 09-17-2008 at 06:47 PM.
    Stefan Vendin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You may find a cooling fan has given up in the compartment under tank or indeed on the rear of Z column. We've had loads of U700 WRONG POWER SUPPLY most times it's an old fan only sometimes have we have a fuse on the lower circuit board pop in the compartment rear of the Z column

Downloads
    Uploads

Default U700 alarm on CX20

Have you fixed this problem yet?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have one cnc edm of mitsubishi. in which error of T237 no wire is coming. please help me. model of machine fx2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default T237 No wire

Have you checked the switch that is situated between the wire reel and the double grooved brake pulley, this normally has a wire actuator with a ceramic seeve over it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC wire cut EDM .fx2 mitsubishi

I have machine name CNC wire cut. Model FX2 & maker of machine is Mitsubishi.

I have alarm of T237 ( No wire) detected but practically is connect.

I checked the limit switch which is for wire breaking. But i did not know it is normally open or normally close.

That switch specification is AHR5104 of Matsu****a.

Please give me technical guidance or electrical drawing of that machine.

I have trouble shooting manual which said that an empty wire state was detected when m21 was executed. replace the wire bobin and star. but practically wire is connect.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you checked against Makrep's reply?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC wire cut EDM .fx2 mitsubishi

"suleman khosa" wrote:

Please give me the complete description of debugger function on the maintenance page?
    Can i see debugger function at screen? or there is any facility of seen PLC ladder diagram at software side or screen of machine? please give me detail. one more thing that how much voltages are coming at contact of micro switch. as per your description we normally closed the limit switch and check our machine.

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Martin Knapman wrote:

Do you know how to use the debugger function on the maintenance page? If so you can check some signals there. Let me know and I can tell you what debugger locations to look at. This broken wire switch is normally closed switch and goes to the SIFA pcb in the controller, to connector M1 pins 18 and 39. You could try making a short there and seeing if the machine works, if yes then there must be a break in the cable somewhere between the SIFA con M1 and the switch.

On 17/02/2009 21:34, "suleman khosa" wrote:
    Sir,

That machine is running almost three years but now it have problem of no wire error. One more thing you have electrical drawing of that machine? please mail me if u have any. Onw more thing i want to know that there is any other thing or switch or sensor due to that alarm is coming? please mail me.

Thanks for ur corporation one more time.

The switch should be on, so it makes the reel tight and run in the opposite direction to the way the wire is going. Once again how long have you had this machine?

On 17/02/2009 16:54, "suleman khosa" wrote:
    Ok. I understand about the pre tension switch. When i ON the pre tension switch then it tight the reel and now it is not moved to backward when i off the switch then its backward run the reel. I think reel is OK. Please give me that switch is ON or off when we run machine at Program?

Please reply.

OK, the pre tension switch is by the reel of wire on the side of the machine, it causes the wire reel to run backwards. This should be in on position. When you take the wire through the pulleys to the front of the machine there should be an assembly with a small felt pad and under this pad is a gold coloured contact, This should occasionally be turned in case there is a groove in it. How long have you had this machine?

On 17/02/2009 16:31, "suleman khosa" wrote:
    i dont know about the pre tension switch.

it is feed wire when we manually put the wire in pully section and then we press switch at operational panel "wire collect" then it collect wire and machine is working. but when we run any program then it give the alarm of no wire when at program wire feed motor is run.

Do you have the pre tension switch turned on? You say it is an FX2, does it have auto wire feed?

On 17/02/2009 16:12, "suleman khosa" wrote:
    I done that exercise but at both conditions it have alarm of no wire.

I m confused and too much worry about machine.

Please give me more guidance.

Thanks for ur corporation

Please disconnect the switch for wire breaking and remove the wires, if when in open air does the machine work? If not twist the 2 ends of wire together, now does it work?
    Best regards
    Martin

On 17/02/2009 15:24, "suleman khosa" wrote:
    Sir,

I have machine name CNC wire cut. Model FX2 & maker of machine is Mitsubishi.

I have alarm of T237 ( No wire) detected but practically is connect.

I checked the limit switch which is for wire breaking. But i did not know it is normally open or normally close.

That switch specification is AHR5104 of Matsu****a.

Please give me technical guidance or electrical drawing of that machine.

I have trouble shooting manual which said that an empty wire state was detected when m21 was executed. replace the wire bobin and star. but practically wire is connect.