Newbie Questions about belt drive

Thread: Questions about belt drive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Questions about belt drive

Hi CNCZONE! I've been perusing the forums for a while and I'm not having much luck finding a couple things.

I think that I am going with a simple belt drive for the X and Y axis of my 3'x2' plasma table project, is there any thread explaining the ins and outs of putting together such system? Anyone recommend any retailers?

How are tables calibrated to compensate for the different pulley ratios?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is how I built my 4 x 3 plasma table. I used EMC to control it. The initial ratios are same as figuring gears. You will be close enough for plasma work. You can fine tune it with a dial indicator after it is built. I used XL belt from McMaster Carr (#7959K25) for my Y bridge and L (#7959K26) for my X axis. I used an XL belt from the stepper to the reduction pulley. Hind sight being 20-20 I would have used L belts for all three endless belts... I can give any details you want if your interested. This is a picture part way through the build.

John

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Questions about belt drive-plasma008-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks John, I'll take a look at McMaster Carr.