Need Help! Techni Waterjet

Thread: Techni Waterjet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Techni Waterjet

My organization is in the process of identifying a water jet to purchase and use in our operation,. We are a machine shop that provides research support to a major university and national laboratory. Type of work performed is typically one off prototype work with a broad range of materials. We are looking for a machine that has a cutting envelope no larger than 5ft. X 5ft. Makes of equipment under consideration is Flow, Omax. Ward and Techni.

Anybody out there with any experience or information on the Techni machines they would like to share would be greatly appreciated. How much of market presence does this machine have in the U.S ? How good is their customer support? I am intrigued with their Quantum NXT pump technology as well as the linear scale feedback on their drive axis's. Is this of any value or just a bunch of marketing hype? I have read on some older threads the software on these machine isn't all that hot. I this still the case?

Recommendations of makes and models that would useful in a prototype environment would be helpful.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Techni Waterjet

My employer purchased a Techni Waterjet a couple years ago. I have been the primary operator and have done all the maintenance on it. It's a G2 PAC head with a 65k Quantum NXT pump. Over all it's a good machine. I haven't used any other waterjets so it's difficult for me to compare it to anything else.
    Their customer service is great. Very reliable. Anytime I have an issue or even a question I can email, call or even text one of a few service guys and they get back to me within a few minutes.
    The only issue I could complain about is the software. It's not very customizable. If I want to draw up detailed parts, I have found that it's easier to draw up on AutoCAD and import it into Techni's Softec software.
    If you have any other questions, I would love to help you out.