Garnet "Wand" removal systems, anyone try? (BART or Xtractor Gun)

Thread: Garnet "Wand" removal systems, anyone try? (BART or Xtractor Gun)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Garnet "Wand" removal systems, anyone try? (BART or Xtractor Gun)

We're finally sick of the shovel method of garnet removal on our one waterjet (Omax 2652), and have been looking into lower-cost removal options. We normally only have to clean it out every 4months or so, so not a ton of use.

I narrowed it down to either:

Barton's BART:
    Barton's Abrasive Removal Tool removes garnet abrasive easily | Barton

Xtractor's Garnet Gun (the Gun doesn't appear on their website, tho):
    Easy to Use WaterJet Garnet Removal & Extraction System

Has anyone used either of these, or have any experience with them? BART appears to be about $4k (including needed pressure washer), and the Garnet Gun about $3k (including pressure washer).

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Garnet "Wand" removal systems, anyone try? (BART or Xtractor Gun)

Hi Alpinems
    I have bin working on 2 Omax 60120 for 10 years anonly use a dumper trolly and a low cost 300 watt centrifugal pump filling the dumper in a couple of ours running the clean program
    Regards Jorgen
    Mail:jorgent@simnet.is

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have the Barton wand and it works really good.It sure beat shoveling.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now ı trying a new model if it will work ı share this forum.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm wondering what alpinems landed up going with. I'm looking at the Barton system right now. It seems the most flexible, easiest to deal with on our small flowjet, 4x8 tank. I like the simplicity of it.
    However I'm also interested in hacking something together ourselves as well. Curious to know about the high output centrifugal pump idea.

hademarqvce

I am an engineer for years and I used a lot of machines and many others. These sites are one of the best and I always buy from them and I am very glad that they exist because they save my life in different situations. Some weeks ago I found the grabe company site and I wanted to try it. I bought something on it and I was surprised for my first purchase. Their machine is one of the best because it has a different structure and I like it and now I want to change all my machines on it. I think this is one of the best ideas.

------------------------------------------------------

the site that I was talking about https://www.grabe.com.br/

oraswan

Quote Originally Posted by hademarqvce View Post
    I am an engineer for years and I used a lot of machines and many others. These sites are one of the best and I always buy from them and I am very glad that they exist because they save my life in different situations. Some weeks ago I found the grabe company site and I wanted to try it. I bought something on it and I was surprised for my first purchase. Their machine is one of the best because it has a different structure and I like it and now I want to change all my machines on it. I think this is one of the best ideas.

------------------------------------------------------

the site that I was talking about https://www.grabe.com.br/
    I heard about this, you are the third person that mention this company, thanks.