Need Help! help needed, new to waterjet, and need advise

Thread: help needed, new to waterjet, and need advise

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question help needed, new to waterjet, and need advise

hi

i need some advice/help with trouble shooting faults i have with waterjet cutter (NC3000 from waterjet sweden)

problem number 1: we got 2 pumps when i start pump nr 1 it sometimes release pressure straigth away and ofc does not build pressure.. stopp and start fixes this, but it is an hassle..
    pump nr 2 works great considering it is 15 years old..

problem number 2: i changed the orifice on headnr 1 and with same worn abrasive tube as headnr 2 it cutts slower true steel then headnr 2 i also changed abrasive feeder betwen 1 and 2 but no change.. head nr 1 is slower to punch true 15mm steel, with brand new orifice.

also it seems like head nr 1 with brand new orifice leaves more sand ontopp of the steel when cutting..

any help appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Default Re: help needed, new to waterjet, and need advise

Not sure about the pump problem. As far as the problems your having with head one not cutting as good as head two, I would start with replacing all the consumable items within the cutting head (Nozzle,Mixing Chamber,Sapphire,Needle and lens). May even check the dump valves to see if any of the consumable items need replacing. Another thing that may help would to be to calibrate the amount of garnet you have flowing to each head. You should be able to enter the density of the garnet into the machine software, then if you know the flow per minute of garnet you can weigh it to get the correct valve, (Example some machines i have seen flow at 400 grams per minute).Hope this helps...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i will try changing the needle, but as far as i can see 1 and 2 start at the same time when cutting with 2 heads.

i run 0.25mm orifice with 0.76 abrasive tube and 80 austrailian garnet, with 395 g/m flow, info is in the software.
    i did try and change sand feeder betwen 1 and 2 (head 1 got sandfeeder 2 and head 2 got sandfeeder 1) with no change.

the machine i run got 4 heads and need 2 pumps when 3 or more heads are running. (2 50hp kmt pumps 3.500bar)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

when did you change the gaskets on the "head" last time ( abow the abrasive head ) and needle?
    needle can get "bent" if used too mutch force on it.
    or it can be too mutch preshure on the "screw" that is on top witch should have a 3/4 twist down wards.

er det stette eller??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the pump can be the dump side needle or gasket ( pakninga som nålen er i ) change them next time you guys have WJS on service ( on both pumps ).
    you can do it your self but be 100% shure you have the gasket the right way.
    i personaly have changed them a couple of times and the gasket is a pain to get it right in there ( right way ) since there is a metal ring on it and its not easy to see on the "how too" drawing and get it in there the right length.

dont be afraid to mail WJS to ask for advice, they aere helpfull that way, we have used them several times.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

needle on dump side was changed january by WJS main service.. no water leakage with dump valve (migth it be the air piston not closing the needle?)
    got advice on how to change the needle and gasket (not the way the instruction says xD)

gasket an needle on head prob, needs changing, it is not dripping but had to tigthen it some times, cause of delay when water is turned off.

work at ocea for about 1 month now

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

pm