Problem Leadshine (Integrated Easy Servo Motors)

Thread: Leadshine (Integrated Easy Servo Motors)

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Leadshine (Integrated Easy Servo Motors)

Any one with experience with this motors? especially in plasma cnc tables...

Leadshine Integrated Easy Servo Motors

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leadshine (Integrated Easy Servo Motors)-leservo-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

No experience with that particular drive but when I was starting out I got some crappy Chinese stepper motors and a Leadshine drive. The steppers would stall (no load) as soon as they got to about 3 or 4 revolutions per second.

Got a real stepper drive (Gecko G203v) and they run my crappy steppers no problem right up to high rpm. Plus my Leadsh*te drive was more expensive than the excellent Gecko drives.

Another thing is with the Geckos my motors run quite cool, whereas with the Leadshine the motors would get hot even at standstill.

Geckos seem to come recommended left, right & centre.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    No experience with that particular drive but when I was starting out I got some crappy Chinese stepper motors and a Leadshine drive. The steppers would stall (no load) as soon as they got to about 3 or 4 revolutions per second.

Got a real stepper drive (Gecko G203v) and they run my crappy steppers no problem right up to high rpm. Plus my Leadsh*te drive was more expensive than the excellent Gecko drives.

Another thing is with the Geckos my motors run quite cool, whereas with the Leadshine the motors would get hot even at standstill.

Geckos seem to come recommended left, right & centre.
    Thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The leadshine stepper drives are amazing stepper drives I have (4) AM882 drives on my CNC Router Parts 4896 build...and they drive the 960 oz-in nema 34 motors with no problems....I was going to go with the Easy Servo closed loop system but the system I have runs at over 1000+ IPM rapids without getting hot or loosing steps..when running G code cutting at 100 ipm the motors are almost silent..I really like them!!

Dale
    N. Myrtle Beach SC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leadshine (Integrated Easy Servo Motors)-am822drives-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for sharing your experience with this brand. Your instalation is very clean and very good, I have some easy servo kits from leaadshine and I runs in rapids to 800ipm without any problem, and the motors are very smooth and quiet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mr Beach CNC,
    I am looking to build the CNC Router Parts Machine, and although I have a lot of respect for them and the parts they sell, I would love your input.
    Are you using their nema 34 960 oz motors? are they good? What model are these leadshine steppers? it seams that the stepper drivers can make a huge difference... can you share your comparison of leadshine steppers vs the Geckos?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased their low impedance 960 oz/in motors and they have performed flawlessly...I can't give any feedback on the geckos...but the Leadshine drives have performed perfect....they have overload protection as well as stall detection that will shut down the drive...you can also program the drives and set many different parameters if you want with the software...or use the auto program function...they are 8 amp peak...and I purchased them on Ebay for $120 each from a USA distributor.....They are Model# AM882 .

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have any suggestions for a good yet economical electronics enclosure? Some of these NEMA enclosures are like 200bucks or more...
    Is there any reason not to use like a midtower PC Case? I think I could use the PC power supply for the 12v and 5v sources.. and just add a power supply for the steppers/drivers?

Thanks in advance...

Do you think a 2.2kw spindle on a CRP 4896 is good enough for cutting cabinet parts from plywoods? or should I buy a 3kw or 4kw...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Leadshine is supplier for steppers used by Tormach.

I'm strongly considering a cnc conversion of my G0619 mill with their easy servos (closed loop steppers).