Build Thread Review - My Arclight ArcrPro 12000 CNC Plasma - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review - My Arclight ArcrPro 12000 CNC Plasma

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Review - My Arclight ArcrPro 12000 CNC Plasma

After more than 2 years of plenty of cutting, playing and thankfully making money I am pleased to report that I am still more than happy with the ArcLight CNC Table and the support I have received has made me so happy I ditched Torchmate and went with Arclight.

I will start a few more threads to cover some of the projects we have going on using the Arclight to show others what a great option they provide to a small business. We are not a big shop but with the function a CNC Plasma adds in relation to even small things like Rapid Proto Typing and production runs it has made a huge difference to our bottom line and I can't even imagine where we would be without one now.

Big thumbs up for the Arclight Crew and I can happily recommend them. If anyone has any questions please feel free to post here or contact me. I am in SOCAL and more than happy to show the machine to anyone interested. Scott and ArcLight are a long way from my shop but I can again happily say the distance has never been an issue. Heck I have a mate in Australia with an Arclight now and again another happy customer.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm currently looking at buying an Arc Pro 12000 and it seems to be an older model, similar to what you reviewed here in 2012. I'm curious if you still have yours and what you think of it now. I have read that you can still convert an older table to the CNC Router set up, but with a different mount bracket. Are there any bits of information you might have about working with an older machine, like connectors, programs, etc.?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by EarthBent View Post
    I'm currently looking at buying an Arc Pro 12000 and it seems to be an older model, similar to what you reviewed here in 2012. I'm curious if you still have yours and what you think of it now. I have read that you can still convert an older table to the CNC Router set up, but with a different mount bracket. Are there any bits of information you might have about working with an older machine, like connectors, programs, etc.?
    Yep still have, still use it every day and still happy with it. I have the router and use it occasionally but it makes a mess and doesn't mix well with water or steel. I would buy one again without issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well we are into 2020 now and the Arclight CNC is still going strong and I have lost count of the number of sheets she has cut. Only issue I have at the moment is it looks like my Height Control may need a new board but a quick call to the Tech Support at Arclight and I have the $100 part on the way. It is great having a compnay stand behind their product even after 8 years of abuse. Like a lot of small shops the Table has multiple users and not all have a clue so it has a very rough life but just keeps going.

I would estimate it has made more money for the shop than any other piece of equipment we have and still continues to stay busy every day. We did upgrade to a full size tumbler and automatic sand blaster to clean up and added a 6ft Powder Booth to bring the full production line in house. This was only possible as we can leave CNC Table running full sheets of material without a worry or issue. The only thing we pay attention to is possible tip ups but small price to pay to keep the larger slate placement.

If anyone would like more info feel free to hit me up, we went through several table before this one and to be honest we almost gave up after banging our heads on a Torchmate machine for over a year before fire-saleing it and getting the current Arclight .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12