Converting drawing for Burny CNC Plasma Cutter

Thread: Converting drawing for Burny CNC Plasma Cutter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Converting drawing for Burny CNC Plasma Cutter

I am learning to use the Burny CNC Plasma Cutter at my school and not a single person has a manual for the unit. I have been able to load the canned shapes and cut out some pieces but I want to load some custom shapes into the cutter. The machine has a floppy drive which I assume is where I would load any drawings into the cnc controller but what format must they be in to get the machine to cut them? I have an AutoCAD drawing that I want to cut on the machine but don't know how to take the AutoCAD drawing and make it usable by the machine. Do I need to convert the drawing to G code? If so I guess I need to learn G code... hahaha

I was able to cut this out and plan on using it for a compact hibachi grill...

Thanks,
    Jeffrey Park

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Did a quick search using dogpile, and found that the Burny3 uses standard gcode commands...
    an easy shape creator software I found was at http://www.enter.net/~schleinkofer/
    and it specifically shows the Burny3 plasma cutter, as well as it's supported G-codes..

enjoy..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info. I've created a simple g-code for a turbo flange that I want to try and cut out Monday. I saved the G-Code as a .cnc and a .txt file but how do I now get it to the Burny? The unit has a floppy drive but will it read a .cnc file? I really wish I had a manual for this machine as I'd like to cut out some flanges so I can weld together a nice turbo manifold for my car.

Thank you for all the help,
    Jeffrey Park

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Get your school to contact Burny for a manual, companies usually give prompt attention to places of learning (potential customers).
    There are three or four formats that the Burny can be set to, if it is a Burny three, if it is set to normal WADR it will read in a G code file if set that way, You will need to have a list of the M codes etc. which are in the manual.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

On that web site address I mentioned before, he has a freeware part creation program. I dl' it, and set it for Burny...
    One of the file extensions it creates is .cnc

Just throw it on the disk, and try it... in a 'test' mode first for safety, and to confirm the part...

enjoy..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there any other software for the controller. I use Autocad to create drawings and convert them to DXF files which my burny software can read.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Converting drawing for Burny CNC Plasma Cutter

Quote Originally Posted by porky118 View Post
    Is there any other software for the controller. I use Autocad to create drawings and convert them to DXF files which my burny software can read.

We use the Phantom II to control our flame table. You will need to "save as" from AutoCAD to " AutoCAD R12/LT2 DXF" format. Then use the load feature on the Burny setting "cad import" under options in order to use shapes drawn in AutoCAD. note: The shape must be a closed polygon.