Newbie cnc owner needing some guidance

Thread: Newbie cnc owner needing some guidance

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie cnc owner needing some guidance

Hello everyone.

I am a product designer and just bought myself a shiny new 4 axis cnc router. I am good at designing anything, now I need to learn how to use my cnc.

It is twin spindle 4 axis operated with a Richauto controller. I was given Ucancam standard version with the machine but I feel that this is not adequate for what I want to use the machine for.

I can use most of the software out there, pro in Inventor, this is what I use to develop all of my products in.

But I can use any software people advise me to use. My biggest problem, getting the g-code from my pc and program onto the my controller. If anyone can please point me into the right direction as to what has been discussed on this forum about this already. In return I will be willing to write a report with pictures on my findings for other newbies like myself to get stuck in straight away.

Eben

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie cnc owner needing some guidance

Eben,

1: Copy the G-code file to a USB Flash Drive

2: Insert USB Flash Drive into the handheld controller

3: Load G-code

4: Set X Y Z zero origin

5: Run G-Code

Welcome to the CNCZone,

Jeff...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie cnc owner needing some guidance-handheld-controller-richauto-jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

ericks

Eben...geluk met jou nuwe masjien

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Erick,
    Dankie man

ericks

I hope you get it sorted soon.....great people on here

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the responses so far gents.

I want to start to produce wooden handles, I have designed all of the handles for the firm I used to work for, now I want to start production.

In my head I have worked out my processes, and now I want to put it all together and start turning the things. I think the best way will be to do a picture diagram to show the steps I want to take, then post that on here somehow and people can give me some advise, because trust me, I need it, badly.

Problem is, we have outsourced everything as long as I have worked there, so I was never shown how to use the machines by our suppliers.

My biggest problem is choosing the correct software to write the g-code, and what format it needs to be to be read by my controller.