Has anyone had any experience with the compact 4 axis cnc machines on ebay?

Thread: Has anyone had any experience with the compact 4 axis cnc machines on ebay?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Has anyone had any experience with the compact 4 axis cnc machines on ebay?

I own a custom woodshop business making high end hybrid( wood cast with resin) vape mod enclosures, I have a Laguna IQ Pro cnc now but it's only a 3 axis. I was looking to add the 4th axis from Laguna but it is more expensive than a complete 4 axis machine from china. If anyone has one of these or has ever used one what are your thoughts? Or can someone recommend a good compact 4 axis machine for milling 3D carved tubes

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone had any experience with the compact 4 axis cnc machines on ebay?-cnc-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Has anyone had any experience with the compact 4 axis cnc machines on ebay?

Would something like this work for you ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tailstock-R...cAAOSwqeZZcH~1

Just add it to you existing router unless you need another.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Has anyone had any experience with the compact 4 axis cnc machines on ebay?

I considered that but i'm worried about software integration as well as the added components mechanically zeroed with my existing machine( if that makes any sense). I also can't afford a lot of down time as my Laguna is the primary tool in my shop arsenal.

Downloads
    Uploads

In any case you would have to dial in the 4th axis to your machine, but I do understand your concerns about the software integration. Your Laguna proabaly is not configured for the 4th axis so might require an ''upgrade'' kit from Laguna.

What is the picture above? Looks like an interesting machine. Do you have a link?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3040-CNC-Ro...W/162670006968 you will probably have to copy and paste the link. Interesting machine for the price of upgrading my existing one.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's an interesting machine, first I have seen. It looks good in the pictures and the specs look good. The good news is that it comes from a USA based distributor with a store front, so that is a real plus. At least you would have someone semi-local to scream at if things go south. I have bought some parts from Automation Tech, and their customer service was good when I had a problem.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats pretty much what I was thinking. Fortunately i have plenty of time to decide. I definitely want something compact, I'm only carving tubes that are no longer than 6" and no more than 2" diameter.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's something a Taig mill could handle. They are certainly compact, and the 4th axis rotary table and tailstock are a standard accessory. They are made in Arizona, and come with a 2-year warranty and excellent support. We sell them at a reduction off list price; contact me off-list if you want a quote.

Andrew Werby
    computersculpture.com

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]