Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B

wisconsinjimmy

Default Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B

Thought I would give this thing a go but when it arrived there are no instructions with it and what instructions I found were people pushing buttons but nothing absolutely nothing on how they made it work there is nothing about the drivers for the motors or if I even need drivers, I am lost
    Thanks Jim
    Merry Christmas all

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0074-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0075-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0076-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B

Look on YouTube someone put a video on how to set it up

Downloads
    Uploads

So a simple Google search for "SMC4-4-16A16B" the third link was this:

https://purelogic.ru/files/downloads..._purelogic.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

wisconsinjimmy

Yup I saw that but it seems to be a bit confusing so I will print it out and then do the read, I am really new at this stuff that is why I asked for help. Well I printed out the manual and tried my best to get a screen shot of the first 3 pages but I gave up if you go to https://www.lollette.com/support/pdf...is-cnc1508.pdf on the first 3 pages are the hook up. On page one it shows the motor connections and I understand most of it except my motors are 23-205-DS8 3V-3A-1R and have 8 wires the plan shows 6 wires how do I tell which pair not to use. Thank you

Last edited by wisconsinjimmy; 12-23-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jimmy,

You are also going to need motor drivers.

Happy Holidays,

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

wisconsinjimmy

Hey Jeff
    Thank you for the reply you set me on a better path, I am going to use what I bought from Hobby CNC as his controller has the drivers built into the main board no extra stuff to work with and go wrong.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

Check your p.m. mail box

Happy holidays!

Jeff...

wisconsinjimmy

Here is my motor driver and on the high voltage side I would connect my four wires +12V DC power, where I get confused is which is the A a and B b I know that if I connect two wires together and the motor is stiff to turn I have the right pair. I am total loss on the signal side with PUL, DIR, ENA. I beleive that these will connect to the controllers pin out am I correct or way off. I also have 3 new 8 wire steeper motors but the eight wire seems to elude me I can tell you that A= Red, and a=Black Com=Yellow and Blue . B=Green and b= White Com=Orange and Brown but I do not believe that this type driver will accept 8 wire will appreciate all comments.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0074-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0085-jpg  
    Last edited by wisconsinjimmy; 12-29-2017 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Spell

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

Post a link or pdf of the stepper motor specs and wiring details.

Your driver will work with the eight wire stepper motor they should be connected "Bipolar Parallel".

Jeff...

wisconsinjimmy

https://hobbycnc.com/faq/ you will have to scroll down to the stepper motor FAQ,

Downloads
    Uploads

For the diagram below, a parallel hookup would be as follows

Coil A+ : Connect both the red and Blue wires together
    Coil A- : Connect both the yellow and black wires together

Coil B+ : Connect both the White and Brown wires together
    Coil B- : Connect both the orange and green wires together

Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-stepper-png

For the wiring, you wire exactly as shown in this picture from page 16 of the manual I linked.

Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-smc4-4_purelogic-jpg

wisconsinjimmy

Hey 109jb
    Thank you for the diagram and I am now trying to get it wired, tomorrow I am going to cut a chunk of plywood that the drivers and also the controller can be fastened to.OK cut the plywood and mounted the drivers, followed the wiring diagram and now have the drivers connected to the controller, from here I will connect the motors to the drivers but I have one question what gauge wire should I use there are no markings on the motor leads. I used my mic and I got 1.57mm with the insulation on, also the wiring from the drivers to the controller I used 2.75mm..
    Thank you

Last edited by wisconsinjimmy; 12-31-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B

Jimmy,

18 gauge stranded wire is prefered.

See attached link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-FEET-18-...0AAOSwiYFXJTK7

Jeff...

wisconsinjimmy

OK that puts another part of the puzzle together
    Best Regards
    Jim

wisconsinjimmy

Hey folks I am getting there little by little, I have my motors connected properly according to HobbyCNC but I have a question the board is set up for a parallel port 25 pin and my computer does not have a parallel port. I do have a UC100 when I turn on the power the motors sound like thy are running (main concern) but they are not (23-205-DS). I am going to use Mach3 for the program but as of this writing I do not have it set up

Downloads
    Uploads

The DB-25 connectors on the SMC-4 are Input and Output connections and never under any circumstance connected to the P.C. parallel port !

The SMC4-4-16A16B does not support Mach3 and is not needed since the SMC-4 is a all inclusive CNC controller.

See attached image:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-o-connections-jpg  

wisconsinjimmy

My bad, I stopped working on the Offline controller and went back to the second project I was working on and for all reasons I think I am done except for setting up Macn3 boy am I in deep dodo for that
    ,°time to hit the fart sack it is now-17°F.

wisconsinjimmy

I hope I got these pictures proper now I am a bit confused, there appears to be two different ways to connect the power, the 7th pic shows 9-12V in, two grounds and a 5V out. I believe the 5 Volt out goes to the drivers and the sheet I have for hooking this up shows an external power supply which goes to picture 6. I also have an optocoupler but not sure how to connect it. There also is mention of a relay

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0077-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0090-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0093-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0095-jpg  

Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0097-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0098-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-104_0100-jpg   Offline Controller SMC4-4-16A16B-opto_1-png  

wisconsinjimmy

Hey guy's I am going to hold off on this offline controller and put my energy into a Hobby Cnc Controller.
    Thank you ever so much
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast