Y-Axis

Thread: Y-Axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Y-Axis

Hi Everyone, I am new to this site.

I am from Bronkhorstspruit, South Africa (Yes; it is on Google maps!)

I have my CNC machine since 2008 but now I have a strange phenomenon.

I have an E-Z router running Mach 3 and this is my problem of late. During the cut the Y-axis will all of a sudden go for a “Walk-about” in its own direction.

When I stop the machine and Reference All Home, the Z and X axis reference fine BUT the Y axis move away from the home position. Instead of coming back to the left rear position it is simply moving away down the Y axis.

I replaced the 25-pin parallel cable, replaced the Y axis limit switch, replaced the connector blocks on both the Y axis stepper motors, to no avail. I contacted E Z Router in Texas but they do not seem to have an answer for me.

Anyone have a suggestion of what may be the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Joz

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Y-Axis

Does this machine have limit switches?
    [
    QUOTE=JozB;2118364]Hi Everyone, I am new to this site.

I have an E-Z router running Mach 3 and this is my problem of late. During the cut the Y-axis will all of a sudden go for a “Walk-about” in its own direction.

When I stop the machine and Reference All Home, the Z and X axis reference fine BUT the Y axis move away from the home position. Instead of coming back to the left rear position it is simply moving away down the Y axis.

I replaced the 25-pin parallel cable, replaced the Y axis limit switch, replaced the connector blocks on both the Y axis stepper motors, to no avail. I contacted E Z Router in Texas but they do not seem to have an answer for me.

Thanks in advance.

Joz[/QUOTE]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Y-Axis

I think the problem is solved, I have run the machine for 2 hours now without the problem occurring again.

I tightened all the screws of the Y- axis terminal block on the BOB, also followed the directional wires to the stepper motors and re-tightened that as well. For good measure I replaced the Gecko drive and installed another extractor fan in case of possible overheating.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by MCPservice View Post
    Does this machine have limit switches?
    [
    QUOTE=JozB;2118364]Hi Everyone, I am new to this site.

Thanks in advance.

Joz
    [/QUOTE]