Hello everyone. I've been a furniture and store fixture manufacturing for 40 years.
Recently my manufacturing facility in Aransas Pass, Texas was destroyed by hurricane Harvey. (The eye of the storm went right over my shop.) The strong category four storm (with sustained 140 mile an hour winds), stalled and chewed up almost everything I own. So it's time to reinvent myself.

I'm 60 years old and introduced a Komo CNC router, ( A four head 12 KW spindles with drill piggyback with the fourth head using a manual quick change collet. This 60" x 144" monster was set up on my Shop Floor in 1993. It literally took a 4 ton crane to put it in place. I purchased my second Komo router, a Mach II VR 512 around 2004. From 1993 to 2004, the changes in CNC routers were astronomical.

It's been 12 plus years since I bought a CNC piece of equipment.
Since then, obviously a lot more has changed.

Because of the nature of the products I make now, and the drop in price, I intend to buy several numerically controlled pieces of wood working equipment over the next few months.

I'm going to start with two CNC routers. One 3 axis and one 4 axis and I'm wading through the mirad of Chinese machines trying to determine which machines use quality components.

I'm also needing to get up to speed on the latest programming and design software. ( I'm an old-school Autocad 3-D and RouterCim from Cimtech. )
I will also be buying a NC controlled lathe and molder, a 25-30 hp screw compressor / dryer, planner and vertical panel saw as well.

By the way, my Extrema dip chain straight line, re-saw, and shapers all survived.