Manual pallet jack that gently lowers fragile loads?

Thread: Manual pallet jack that gently lowers fragile loads?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Manual pallet jack that gently lowers fragile loads?

Hello all -

I have unsuccessfully searched for a manual pallet jack than can lower fragile loads gently. I owned a couple of generic ones at my last shop that were used to move durable pallets and, for the most part, they just dropped the load down. If you were very delicate with the lowering handle you may get it to lower gently - but still not safe for moving a very expensive delicate piece of machinery.

Does anyone have a suggestion on which brands, models, or even modifications of jacks that can safely raise and lower heavy and delicate machines? Perhaps even an operating trick that ensures a controlled lowering operation?

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manual pallet jack that gently lowers fragile loads?-pallet_jack_a-png  
    Last edited by rx8pilot; 10-28-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added pic....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Manual pallet jack that gently lowers fragile loads?

I would think that the release mechanism lever arm could be modified to have a slower action by moving the fulcrum closer to the release valve, or lengthening the lever arm. Might require a bit of engineering and surgery, but I'll bet it's doable. There is normally a lot of unused travel in the hand lever on the pallet jacks that I have used, may as well put that to good use.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA