Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop

Thread: Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop

I'm new to the forum and my names Bryan, I've spent a lot of time reading on this forum on and off for a year or more and KNOW that their are good, smart, and very helpful people on here, so finally made the jump and registered, I'm a home gamer that just fixes junk and have been collecting materials to hopefully build a large cnc portal/gantry machine, I've almost got enough new and used material to start the hair pulling and the very long process of building, I know I can get multiple switching power supply's and should be able to figure out the machine assembly, just never been good at tech/electronics, I have some transformers I've acquired from my two month stay at the salvage yard, just don't want to buy something I already have. I'm cheap and have only so much space in the electrical cabinet and so much in the bank and know this machine is gonna take me for all I have and then some. Any help will help more than you could imagine, plz and thanks.

Sincerely, Bryan

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop-img_0698-jpg   Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop-img_0699-jpg   Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop-img_0697-jpg   Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop-img_0696-jpg  

Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop-img_0695-jpg   Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop-img_0681-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed

Idk why images are inverted, I apologize for that, I'd also like a power supply that might work one day to supply power for 2.3kw Chinese ac servos one day, idk if a tricoidal transformer would do that? I know that's asking a lot from y'all, I just don't want to have to buy anything twice if I can keep from it, the idea is something that might could grow with me, the drives accept a decent wide range of supply voltage, just thought that might work for ac servos sometime down the road, the plan is kflop with kanalog and maybe even switch encoders one day so they can use feedback to the controller instead of just working in the driver. This is my first time asking for help, so plz excuse any mistakes that have, or will be made.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed

I'd also like a power supply that might work one day to supply power for 2.3kw Chinese ac servos one day
    Those servos run on 240V AC. No power supply is needed.

What kind of machine are you building, as those are pretty big motors?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the ac servo voltage It's about a thousand lbs 140 inch length, 19"width gantry 6061 aluminum,30mm rails, 32mm ballscrew sitting on 2 72 inch Line tech linearacutuaters rated at 10, or 11,000 lbs each, belt drive, but may add ballscrew if it starts to flop around, probably 42 inch travel z axis, so 5 1/2 z axis, however you look at it. the ac motors were for maybe for a strong rotary axis spindle, the idea is milltrun, with 4th axis rotating spindle and 5th axis rotary axis/ lathe, I also have 2x 2.5 inch steel plates that have 50mm ballscrew and rails attached, both are about 6 foot of travel and was thinking of a steel mill in the future, I have 12kw Allen Bradley servo, and two small ormeck nema 34 servos, and a fanuc robot m-170 robot I got for scrap price, with alpha series servos, but didn't have any idea what the drives cost, I was dumb, but am learning, maybe one day I can steal some parts from the robot or just add some Chinese servos to it, idk, too many projects and not enough $ I got a good deal on it all, so I can't complain.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is the idea if you can look past the scribbling, I drew this for my brother to kinda understand and scribbled a couple things on it since, I'm waiting for newegg to send me a replacement for the computer that got damaged in shipping so I can mock up a cad version before I go ham buying parts that won't be needed.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help choosing one power supply for 5 or 6 12nm nema34 2hss86h drives closed loop-img_0700-jpg