please help

Thread: please help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default please help

I got my x axis working out of the A port on my 3040t as x wont work in its own port its strange as everything configures correctly I made a gcode in vectric aspire 8.5 the size I made it was 254mm(x)152mm(y)12mm(z) when I put it into mach 3 it says its 6x3mm
    when I measure with x and y manually how can I solve this problem thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: please help

Sounds like you might have a bad driver on the pins for the X axis. You have already verified the motor works on the A axis. Hard to understand your second question. Sounds like you made an Aspire file with the design that was 254x152x12 deep.

Then you say when you put it in Mach3 it says it is 6x3mm

Are you sure your machine is calibrated correctly. Without any gcode just issue some simple commands like

X255 F30 and measure exactly how far the machine moves. If it moves the wrong distance then you STEPS/UNIT are set incorrectly.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks russ I have calabrated the steps x set at 10 = 10 y = same and z done a test gcode from mach 3 the scull and crossbones complete size was about3x3 inches my hard drive with all my settings stoped working and its hard to find drivers for xp do u think I could use windows 7 ???

Downloads
    Uploads

YES, Windows 7 works fine with Mach3 and Mach4. On Mach3 they have you load something but can't recall. Just google that and see if you can find the config changes for Windows 7.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks russ got windows 7 32bit will try it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

had another pc with xp on with all drivers still cant get the x axis to work from the x port can here sound like motor stuck counter moves on mach but cnc don't move but when I plug x axis into a port x counts - and + on mach and cnc moves

Downloads
    Uploads

Try disconnecting the motor from the axis and see if you can spin the motor without any load. You might have binding. If this is a stepper you might have a bad driver, I have seen some that kind of work and just don't have enough current to turn the motors correctly.

It would help if you describe your exact setup and exactly what you have tried and the results.

Russ