help i am a complete novice

Thread: help i am a complete novice

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help i am a complete novice

Help i am a complete beginner, i have managed to to program V carve desktop and loaded the G code into Mach 3 but when i start the program the cnc keeps moving until it stops with the switches i installed (some glad i did ) to let you know the machine is one of these chinese ones its called a Dongda TS its well built but i am sure i am doing something wrong .can anyone help..help please

My name is Jim I live in Scotland and decided to buy a cheap cnc to have a hobby on my retirement

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: help i am a complete novice

You know what the "TS" stands for, right? How well does it work before you run this program? When you try jogging each axis, does it respond well? When you ask it to move 100mm, for instance, does it do that?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Andrew the stepper motors all drive correctly with the arrow keyboard keys as i said the machine itself is well condtucted but i am not sure if the controller works correctly

regards Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

What happens when you go into the MDI (Manual Data Input) screen and give it a command like G01 X25 F30 ? Does it hit the limit switches? If so, try giving it a G21 command to switch it from inches to mm. If it goes 25 mm and stops, then you've got some other problem with your G-code.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi Andrew what you told me worked okay ,i have set my home position and zero on to my work piece bottom left corner ,in Vectra desktop i made a short program and loaded it into Mach 3 and the text keeps going to the top right of my work piece instead of going to the center of my work piece ,i have set my limits to size my table
    kind regards
    Jim