New Here, Need Help (Don't we all!?) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Here, Need Help (Don't we all!?)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Do you have a PDF of the new manual, I have the a older version manual, and there are some setting that could affect, how the control works, there explanation is not very clear, but could be just one of the boxes that are checked, or not checked, Have a look in this area under the Parameter tab

Hi thanks yes I do. I printed it off will read it tomorrow thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    If the code is posting M5 and M30 at the very end, this tells it to stop the spindle and rewind the program.
    You may be able to place an M0 at the very start of the Gcode. This will stop the Gcode progression and wait for cycle start activation.
    That is assuming the M1 or M0 block is checked in the controller.
    50% chance that adding M0 at the top of the Gcode will prevent repeat until you are ready.
    Short term fix until you find the controller switch that prevents repeats if that is what is occurring.
    Hi

There is M30 at the end but also at the end on our other machines. I will post the code asap if you could take a look?

Janine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Here, Need Help (Don't we all!?)

Quote Originally Posted by Janinio1964 View Post
    Hi i.am sorry for sounding dim i dont know what either of those mean.

We have installed nc studio twice before albeit diff version on 2 other cnc's and work fine we just installed this from flashdrive they supplied as we have before. We have uninstalled and reinstalled and now it says drivers arent there so now there is that issue. Does anyone here have a legit copy or even a non legit but working copy of NC Studio 8?
    M30 is normal to have at the end of a program

I will see when you post the Program, if it has a sub in it or not, if it has this is most likely where the looping came from

I thought Demo versions of V-Carve did not allow you to get any program output???

Last edited by mactec54; 09-16-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Janinio1964

I just found the Nc Studio 8 manual, just follow the correct install from what you down loaded, the V / 8 is different from the older version on how it needs to be installed, you can do this one with the controller card installed, but needs to update before the install starts

Just follow there step by step instructions, and you should be ok

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

posting 2 pics first is top of code, second it end its just a simple square/rectangle. We were advised to remove M17 and have done that but now it is repeating after zero but moving over a few mm each time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Here, Need Help (Don't we all!?)-code-1-jpg   New Here, Need Help (Don't we all!?)-code-2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

You can do a test with V Carve using their own designs, you upload one of those then run, it will do it, and we did do that but still same issue.
    I have uploaded photos of the Code, first one is the top and second is the last couple of lines, we removed M17 as someone advised us to and try but it is still looping, goes to zero then starts again but this time moves over a few mm to a different start position. Then continued to do the same moving over slightly each time.
    thank you for responding.
    Janine

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Here, Need Help (Don't we all!?)-code-1-jpg   New Here, Need Help (Don't we all!?)-code-2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54
    We have installed without card then it said put card in so we did and installed fine.
    Have now uninstalled and reinstalled with card in and same issue.
    What needs to update before you install? How would you do that before installing?
    They did send some images on the flashdrive they provided but no instructions in English as to what they mean or to do.
    On the last 2 previous installs of NC5 we just did install, then put PCI card in, then finish and they fired up fine, and I think they are probably dodgy ones!
    Janine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54

We have edited the profile and removed M17 and M30 and it has stopped the problem!

Only thing now is that it isn't going back to zero but we can live with that, do you know of a way to remove M17 & M30 permanently? someone suggested this was possible.

Janine

Downloads
    Uploads

Put the M30 back in. That rewinds the program only. It doesn't restart it. I think M17 may be the repeat command in the controller that you are using. Just a guess. It can mean different things on different controllers.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: New Here, Need Help (Don't we all!?)

Put the M30 back in. That rewinds the program only. It doesn't restart it. I think M17 may be the repeat command in the controller that you are using. Just a guess. It can mean different things on different controllers.

Hi we took out M17 and that didn't stop it so now removed from PP in Vectric and seems to have worked, must be something wrong somewhere but can live with it not going back to zero for now, just going to calibrate the machine now and then try and do some cuts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi we took out M17 and that didn't stop it so now removed from PP in Vectric and seems to have worked, must be something wrong somewhere but can live with it not going back to zero for now, just going to calibrate the machine now and then try and do some cuts.
    The program is quite messed up, and who ever looked at it for you should of corrected it

G71 is a rough turning cycle, should not be in a milling / router program

M17 Return from subprograms and subroutines can be done with either M17 or M99. As I said there could of been a sub program within your program, there was no Sub that I could see but the use of M17 could of caused the looping

N20 G91 G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z20.00 this is a bad line of code and if you see this it needs to be corrected, never do a Z move with an X and Y move this can cause a CRASH and ruin your day, it also should of been followed by a G90 to cancel the G91
    Never use a G91 unless it is necessary, for an incremental move

Always move the Z first so it is clear of your work then move the X and Y

N02 G0Z20.00
    N03 G0X0.0Y0.0

I know you did not write the program, that it was generated from a V carve post processor, it is there software that needs to be corrected, ( Post Processor ) so you can get the program you need for your machine

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54

Can it be rewritten?

I haven't got a clue! It's obviously a dodgy copy as it was written by "mark" so I doubt very much there are very many Chinese men called mark!

I could go to one of our other cnc's and get the PP out of the NC Studio in there but that is an older version and I don't want to mess it up completely!

When we removed M17 it carried out zeroing then restarting but moved over slightly to the right so a new start point each time.

Some monkey obviously wrote this garbage!

Janine

Downloads
    Uploads

M17 only means one thing, it is used for a sub program call, if you don't know what it was used for, don't Guess, you either know or you don't

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54

Can it be rewritten?

I haven't got a clue! It's obviously a dodgy copy as it was written by "mark" so I doubt very much there are very many Chinese men called mark!

I could go to one of our other cnc's and get the PP out of the NC Studio in there but that is an older version and I don't want to mess it up completely!

When we removed M17 it carried out zeroing then restarting but moved over slightly to the right so a new start point each time.

Some monkey obviously wrote this garbage!

Janine
    There may be more than ( 1 ) M17 in the Program they would all have to be removed, also the G71's, it will also run cut in incremental, that's ok if that is how the part was programed, look for a choice before you use the PP and switch it to Absolute

Can it be rewritten, Yes it can V Carve have a selection of Post processors for you to try, this is the part that make the G Code Program for you, contact Vectric, the main office and Mark are in the UK, if you are going to buy there software I'm sure he can correct the PP for you

You want to program in Absolute which is G90

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

what i don't understand is that this is the same V Carve as we use on the other two cnc's we have so why would it be so wrong?
    I have just had a look at the PP on there and it is nothing like the PP on the new machine yet it is the same PP

Downloads
    Uploads

what i don't understand is that this is the same V Carve as we use on the other two cnc's we have so why would it be so wrong?
    I have just had a look at the PP on there and it is nothing like the PP on the new machine yet it is the same PP
    The PP has nothing to do with the NC studio control

The PP is only what the Cad / Cam software use's, in your case it was V-Carve, You have a choice as to what PP you use, check to see if the V-Carve that you down loaded has the same PP option, that you are using to generate the Programs for the other machines

You can use the programs from the other machines, they will run on this newer control

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The PP has nothing to do with the NC studio control

The PP is only what the Cad / Cam software use's, in your case it was V-Carve, You have a choice as to what PP you use, check to see if the V-Carve that you down loaded has the same PP option, that you are using to generate the Programs for the other machines

You can use the programs from the other machines, they will run on this newer control
    Ok they are all using the same PP i have checked. I have compared and we are using same v carve on all. Just a newer version of NC thats the only difference.

We have done a few simulations and all seems good after removal of M17 and M30.

Tomorrow will do some testing proper.

Wish us luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12