Europe Hello people,

Thread: Hello people,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hello people,

I'm a professional shoemaker and a cobbler while CNC hobbyist.I have a made manual CNC machine including the 4th axis I'm trying to exploit in my profession by doing shoe lasts.
    I want to upgrade my machine to something like this.
    One Foot Machine
    (This is too expensive for me to by from factory.)

What is troubling me is next -how this digitizer works?

How it collects data, is it some sort of ditizing probe ,, can this accomplish in the Mach3 ?
    A lot of questions, but it's all a matter of course.

,In advance, I thank everyone who takes part in the discussion.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by prleitihi; 09-13-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hello people,

That's an interesting machine - I've never seen one quite like it. The digitizing function looks fairly straightforward; the last rotates on the spindle while a wheel runs against it and slowly moves along, capturing the displacement values as it goes. I suppose it could do the same thing with a cast of someone's foot, as long as you didn't need much detail.

The digitizing probes I've seen used with Mach3 are not the same; they consist of a round-ended pin supported by springs, set so that any deflection of the pin causes it to record directional information - which way the pin moved. Here's a version that uses strain gauges for that: http://www.mdpi.com/sensors/sensors-...5-g014-550.jpg

These Renishaw-type touch probes work slower than the wheel on that machine, but they capture more information. With some programming skills, you might be able to get Mach3 or LinuxCNC (which is more open) to interface with a wheel device like that. Normally, the information captured would be fed into a CAD program to construct a 3D model, then the model used to generate a toolpath and G-code. This machine seems to take a shortcut and just replay the information as it was recorded.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

the machining of the foot form reminds me of the Thomas Blanchards duplicating lathe
    used by the Springfield Armory for the mass production of gun stocks for rifles used in 1861 to 1865 civil war

at first glance the only development is the use of a digital template (CAD file ) thats easier to re scale
    instead of following a physical 3D template - either a generic shoe last or using reworked molds of the customers feet ?

how do you make your shoes now , by using ready made lasts that are ready made ?

john

PS

found this -

3D scanner creates shoes that fit perfectly every time | Daily Mail Online

I guess it is what you want to do on a limited budget

PPS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think this is really duplicating lathe but the information that comes from the original piece is sent to the software where it can be modified, scaling, etc.If you pay attention device responsible for turning the movement into a circularly measurable movement and sending information to software is on the wheel holder.It's just information about height from z axis this in relation to turning A axis creates a point cloud.This device and the software that solves it is the key.
    I tried to use Kinect Xbox sensor but I found it imprecise also Ciclop 3D scanner has a small scanning area.
    Now I make shoes by buying lasts from big companies but takes a lot of time, it must manually adapt to customers etc.

ps.thank you for participating

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use Rhinoceros to modify, DeskProto for toolpath.